Fiat Spares

Dave Attridge

Mornin' all, Based in Norfolk I have a 1996 Hymer RHD A Class,Model E610 powered by a 2.5 diesel Fiat engine.VIN ZFA23000005099310.

Reg No P475 SBV.

I am looking to source the pre heat injector(Fiat pt No 500303569) and the associated 12v relay (Fiat Pt No 46480847 now obsolete!!) from the original manufacturers ie Bosch, Hella,Lucas etc. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated as my local Fiat stockist is not being particularly helpful.

Many thanks Dave

Dave,

As you probably already know your van is a '90-94' model 2.5TD. The later 2.5TD from 94-97 used the same parts that you seek, as did a number of Iveco vehicles.

500303569 is still available from Fiat and there is stock at about £79 but you might like to try an Iveco dealer who will sell you the same part number for not much more than £40

46480847 is a good number, and should be available but there is no stock anywhere in europe so the only place you will find one of these is a scrap yard because Iveco do not recognise the number. If you could get one it would cost you £198 and if it were me I would be looking for an ECU repair company that might be able to fix yours. In our experience, the injector is always the source of the problem which first shows itself by operating when it is not particularly cold on every start and causes a lot of smoking.

Incidentally, if you have a problem with excessive smoking but do not have the glow plug light flashing all the time, it is normally a faulty wax-stat on the fuel pump and can be repaired without replacement.

Good luck.

Nick

boxer1 - 2010-09-18 1:34 AM

Hi Dave

I have a 1998 2.5tdi. In the colder weather at times she would not start and if she does start theres a lot of white smoke and the exhaust smell awful.

Where is the Pre heat injector and 12v relay located at in the engine.

Boxer1

Boxer,

If you use the link to No1 Gear above they sell workshop manuals that may be of use to you.

Dave

Hi Dave I have a manual but it is not very clear regarding the glow system.

I have been informed that my vehicle only has 1 preheater system and that Fiat no longer do this system.

As previously stated my van starts OK in the summer months but in the winter sometimes it fails and when it does start there is a clicking noise from the right side of the dash, this lasts for 2 or 3 minutes and then stops. As we are almost into winter I am going to take my van to electrical engineer

Boxer1

Hi Nick, the problem is that when it's cold(say below 5 degrees) the engine will not start.The glow light on the dash flashes momentarily but does not stay on.In case it was just a glow light problem I left ignition on for 30 seconds or so but still no start.It can be started with jump leads attached to a car engine(running) but when it starts there is a cloud of white smoke until engine warms up.I am therefore assuming that the pre heat system is not working. Best regards Dave.

Archived