Season Finale Show - Lincoln - who's going then?

Mel B

We have just got home we only stopped about 2 hrs could not find the odds and ends we made a list of as you can imagine the weather was very poor although the walkways were clean there are some area's of wet and mud and it did not appear to have too many visitors I just hope for the organisers the weather improves and the visiter numbers increase. Having just bought our new motorhome we did not take any time looking around the motorhomes although threre was a large selection on site.

We went today, it was very windy and quite cool a lot of the time, when the sun shone it was quite warm, but it didn't last! As we departed at around 5.00 pm it was just starting to rain a bit, so I don't know if it lasted but there was a massive grey cloud hanging around!

We had a chat to Dave 'fluffy top' Newell ... his bonce has a nice covering of soft hair now and I even got to rub it! :D We bought a nice large clear acrylic mixing bowl for £1 and a Regatta cap for £1, plus a few other bits and bobs. Oh, we also bought a 'new to us' external insulated screen for the van for £30 ... our existing one was what we originally bought from Taylormade for our then Fiat Ducato (not X250) and I then adapted it to make it fit our Fords (extra bits of material with velcro on each edge to extend the bit that goes inside the door to keep the screen in place as it wouldn't meet otherwise) but as we were wandering around, as you do, we spotted the 'private' sale for £30 for our model of Transit, so thought we'd get some that were a proper fit ... the only 'downside' is they're gold! Not sure if I like that or not!!! *-)

As for the show, there's quite a few stalls there, and many of the rows have concrete or aluminium 'pavements', so mud wasn't an issue. There are quite a few 'bargain' vans there, although we spotted what I'm sure was the Euramobil we nearly bought a year ago (unregistered then) which had subsequently been pre-registered and had over £1500 extra on the price tag for the priviledge ... someone had bought it and seemed pleased with it though.

Look out for the light brown dancing miniature poodle on one of the stalls - she has a little t-shirt on and stands bolt upright on her hind legs for ages!!!

I've just remembered something!!!

At the show there was an announcement which kept being put out to try to entice people to sign up for the MMM mag, the gist of it was that by signing up there we could save over £199!!! Now, I know the magazine price has gone up a bit, but I wasn't aware that I was saving THAT much with my subscription!

What am I missing? :-S

Archived