Deposit ?

Rayjsj

Something does'nt seem right here. The Swindon branch of the company you are dealing with have a huge (and I mean gigantic huge) sign proclaiming "by far europes biggest motorhome dealer". Now if this was the true they would have lots of vans that shared the same Sargent unit(they are rather common after all) which they could borrow from so that you could have your van and then swop back when new part arrives. Perhaps the reality is that they don't own the small number of the vans on display, the banks do, so they dare not touch them. Have you seen evidence that the part has actually been ordered, it could well be that they are waiting until they can order several units.

This is a website that may be useful:

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/index/your_world/consumer_affairs/buying_goods_your_rights.htm

Having now sent a letter to the dealership demanding that the motorhome be in full working order and ready for collection on October 2 or the deal is off and the £1000 deposit must be returned, Ray should confirm asap that the dealership has received his letter and understands its contents and agrees to its terms. Confirmation from the dealer's end should be by e-mail or by letter, not just a phone call.

Me, once I'd confirmed that the dealership had got my letter (and assuming the battery-charger problem had still not been fixed), I'd want to visit them straightaway to try to establish what's going on. There's little profit guessing on a motorhome forum whether the vehicle in question has, or should have, a particular make/model of charger - what needs to be established is the likelihood of Ray taking delivery of the motorhome by October 2 and the best way to do that is by visiting the dealership and, if necessary, playing merry Hell.

Derek,

letter went off yesterday, recorded delivery to the sales manager, very polite but insistant that if the vehicle isn't ready for collection By the 2nd October, then the deal is off and I will be requiring my deposit back in full. From my front door to the dealer is 182 miles (so my Tom tom tells me) so any journey has to be meaningful, if I go by car, which I feel like doing, I can't pick up the van (even if it is ready, unlikely !) If I go by train as I planned to,to pick up the van and things turn nasty, then I'll be stuck there. My problem is my missus is disabled and can't drive, so no 'co-driver'. You would have thought that they would be keen to get my money wouldn't you ? but it appears the are not ? Ray

Thanks for the offer Tracker, I did drive there yesterday, bit of a waste of time really, only a skeleton staff in, Van in workshop (locked) no Managers,

no news when van might be ready. Not much stock there, New or Used,

went to West Country M/H next door, they had much more staff and stock,

makes the big banners 'By far the biggest dealer in Europe' look a bit stupid. Ray

Archived