Eating Habit's

nowtelse2do

Halal and Kosher methods are both barbaric. I know for a fact as I was once a slaughterman in an abattoir and they used to let the local religous zealots come in and do their own killing. Quite stomach churning and all in the name of religion. The animals head is forced down by a rope attached to the floor and it's throat is cut by a religeous herbert Nice.....

duffers - 2010-09-19 1:40 PM more interested in their life style up to the point of slaughter not sure that can ever be humane

Touchy subject duffers. Maybe two ways of looking at it.

1. animals born into factory type farming don't know any other sort of life.

2. If we didn't have that type of farming the cost of meat & poultry would be sky high.

I can hear the veggies saying "stop factory farming then" but then again I have never met or know of a veggie that's reached 100, have you? They all look gaunt and undernourished to me. 

I don't like the method of this type of farming, but if we don't do it others will. 

Dave

nowtelse2do - 2010-09-19 11:48 PM

I can hear the veggies saying "stop factory farming then" but then again I have never met or know of a veggie that's reached 100, have you? They all look gaunt and undernourished to me. 

It sounds like you have not met many vegetarians. Try googling for famous vegetarians. Of the famous actors I'd say not too many look gaunt and undernourished.

leon - 2010-09-20 2:39 PM i was quite cuirious about famous vegitarians and found the link below and quite alot of famous people and none of them are un-healthily think http://www.happycow.net/famous_vegetarians.html[/quote]

Like I said, never heard of most of them, don't know if any reach 100. Albert Einstein would probably be unhealthy by now :-S

Dave

Guest pelmetman

I love my grub :$ and especialy meat, and the older I get the rarer it needs to be the more blood the better >:-)

But I am fussy where my meat comes from and I like to think its had a good life and I am prepared to pay more for it, and that includes how they are killed, and having your throat cut without being stunned is barbaric and another reason not to get involved with religion >:-)

To all meat lovers hi :)

this sounds weard but i am a fan of Nando's (Piri Piri chicken place) and there are two in our area one being a Halal and other a regular one and i dont know why the Halal one is different, good but the other seems that bit nicer. i know it sounds like i am being pickey but there is that difference.

you can taste the difference

battery egg vs free range - no contest

battery meat vs free range - better muscle area

prefer wild fish to farmed - less fatty white stringy bits

although low intensive farming is better -

also need to consider the effects of feeding farmed fish

and organic veg - especially root veggies def taste better

what I don't understand about vegetarians is the apparent need to mimic meat dishes - linda mcC sausages for example

if you want to eat veg fine - go ahead - but why pretend it's something else

despite the fact I eat meat - quite happily for the most part - I do not see how any slaughter house can be stressfree - even though they are a great improvement on slitting the animals throat

I have noticed that Halal meat does seem to be a lot leaner than western equivalent

leon - 2010-09-21 3:07 PM

To all meat lovers hi :)

this sounds weard but i am a fan of Nando's (Piri Piri chicken place) and there are two in our area one being a Halal and other a regular one and i dont know why the Halal one is different, good but the other seems that bit nicer. i know it sounds like i am being pickey but there is that difference.

Probably because the animal was frightened sh*tless because it's nose was forced to the ground before it's throat was slashed. When an animal is scared it releases some chemical into the muscle which makes it not taste as good as when relaxed.

duffers - 2010-09-21 3:40 PM

you can taste the difference

battery egg vs free range - no contest

battery meat vs free range - better muscle area

prefer wild fish to farmed - less fatty white stringy bits

although low intensive farming is better -

also need to consider the effects of feeding farmed fish

and organic veg - especially root veggies def taste better

what I don't understand about vegetarians is the apparent need to mimic meat dishes - linda mcC sausages for example

if you want to eat veg fine - go ahead - but why pretend it's something else

despite the fact I eat meat - quite happily for the most part - I do not see how any slaughter house can be stressfree - even though they are a great improvement on slitting the animals throat

I have noticed that Halal meat does seem to be a lot leaner than western equivalent

The meat's the same as ours, only difference is the way they are killed.

Archived