TV's or not TV's

ips

bigjohn - 2010-09-23 8:08 PM

ips

explain to me why it would take" bottle" to own up to watching a tv to a sad ,arrogant petty minded little individual like you ,i like watching tv ,there are many things in life i dont like top of the list are people like you who want to impose there way of life on every one else .who cares who does or does not watch tv

I dont think you have quite grassped this forum mullarkey my friend. You will note that at the end of my post there is a "smiley face" which meens that it is not neccasarily serious. Everyone else seems to be having fun with this thread but not you. To use my daughters generations slang "you need to take a chill pill"

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
cheetahdavie - 2010-09-23 11:51 PM

MMmmm?I [we] watch telly..soaps..love em. Home and away..cant miss it ..everything stops so that her indoors can watch this..[phones switched off..no talking..no one answers the door. Emmerdale..Corrie..we watch.

Coast..mon night its Spooks for me.

NCIS..Mentalist..we watch.

Surprisingly it amazes me that people have BBQs..have dogs [ugh] cats..[errr] i dont understand why it takes some an hour or more to level up and get ready on site.

I dont understand why people watch football..or Rugby Union..[wheras I am glued to the floor when rugby League is on.

Thank god we are all different

We go out early..catch a bus/train..hate walking..stay out all day..record what we need and watch it in the evening whilst supping a large scotch/white or red..lifes too short to BBQ. :-D *-) :-> (lol)

I agree with nearly everything you say. Don t like dogs or football and it doesnt take me an hour to level up either etc etc :-D

QUOTE.... Come on Pat Duffy, you can do better than this.How a thread about whether you or I or anyone else watch the TV when we are out and about can resort to a slanging match is unbelievable. Personally I don't care two hoots what anyone else thinks if i'm watching Arsenal on Sunday afternoon, MOTD on Saturday evening or the wife is watching whatever she wants on Sky via the Oyster system, it's our choice. If they are peering through the window while pretending to walk the dogs, no problem, they are very welcome to call in and have a coffee.When we're away travelling, either in the UK, France, Spain or wherever, we do what we want to do, and if that includes watching a bit of TV, who cares.... UNQUOTE

Now that is the attitude from a type of person to whom I admire. B-)

JudgeMental - 2010-09-23 9:24 PM

I must say your avatar is a bit alarming...But I am sure somone loves you...Your Mum maybe? *-)

Thanks Judge, I've been wondering about the pic for a while - it doesn't do me justice - I'm far uglier than that :$

Now using 'anon' avatar like the majority on here. If cheetahdave doesn't like it I'll stick one of my barbie on there :D

Being pretty new on here I was surprised to read some of the comments posted, if some of you take this so seriously heaven help us all is all I can say.

It is pretty obvious to me that alot of what has been said is tongue in cheek and I think it's great to have that lighthearted banter going on but come on some of you lighten up :-)

1violet - 2010-09-24 9:18 AM

Being pretty new on here I was surprised to read some of the comments posted, if some of you take this so seriously heaven help us all is all I can say.

It is pretty obvious to me that alot of what has been said is tongue in cheek and I think it's great to have that lighthearted banter going on but come on some of you lighten up :-)

Well said and welcome to the forum :-D

AliB - 2010-09-24 9:49 AM

Of course I watch TV. Who would miss Star Trek Voyager! Just watch Seven of Nine in her tight fitting catsuit and all your troubles will disapear from your mind.

Here's a clip for those of you who have never had the experience.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85O6HISsUTk&feature=related

That kind of made me want a tv. (lol)

Well, havent you been busy this morning. I come in from walking the dogs (sorry cheetahdavie) and find that none of you have been watching morning TV. At one time, TV ruled our lives (so they say) but it now appears to be the computer keyboard. I might even start a new thread on that. 8-)

I think some of you have been a bit hard on the Judge. Old Rumpole cannot help it, he is a product of the British class system. I think he should be treasured as the days of 'the great British eccentric' are numbered. Please stick to a gentle lampoon when replying to his posts.

One brilliant thing I learned from a TV programme was that when the fashion for the upper and titled classes was Tweed, a vital part of the manufacturing process was the use of urine. The dregs of society were paid to supply it, so that the nobs could wear their Tweed outfits.

Who said gaining knowledge had to be boring. :D

Guest JudgeMental
Tony Jones - 2010-09-24 1:29 PM

.... and the "upper and titled classes" have been taking the p**s out of the rest of us ever since!

Dear, dear boy...You may well say that, but moi could not possibly comment, as far to many knuckle draggers on here these days to take umbrage with moi's intellect*-)

I see that our American cousins dispatched a grandmother today by lethal injection....she had barely a functional IQ apparently, like many on here I fear....

Anyway TTFN ;-)

JudgeMental - 2010-09-24 1:45 PM

Tony Jones - 2010-09-24 1:29 PM

.... and the "upper and titled classes" have been taking the p**s out of the rest of us ever since!

Dear, dear boy...You may well say that, but moi could not possibly comment, as far to many knuckle draggers on here these days to take umbrage with moi's intellect*-)

I see that our American cousins dispatched a grandmother today by lethal injection....she had barely a functional IQ apparently, like many on here I fear....

Anyway TTFN ;-)

Judge,

I have to say your words mark you down as very nasty piece of work, in your case have you never considered opting for an attitude of "noblesse oblige".

As stated earlier we are more than happy to say we watch TV using our Oyster sat system, but if others prefer not to watch any TV then that's fine by us.

Regarding the Judge (Eddie) then do not take seriously much of what he says on here he only does it to be provocative. In past did and got into one hell of an aurgument only to find on exchanging PM's he was a guy we had a lot in common with. But that said his comments do liven up the forum!

Guest JudgeMental
Do what you want and dont worry! This thread is just idiotic banter...... for the life of me I dont understand how things get so out of hand :D

Guest JudgeMental
Bulletguy - 2010-09-26 3:40 PM

At first I thought Tony may have been about to confess to being a closet crossdresser! (lol)

To be honest I first though the "TV's or not TV's" was regarding transvestites.......Imagine my disappointment on reading such prosaic content *-)

Must admit reading the rest of the posts it does seem to be more about who watches what more than who has a TV in their mh and who doesn't.

Does it really matter?

As for those giving every fine detail of their 'tech spec'......whats all that about?? Ive noticed since large flat screens came onto the market size seems to be top priority. First thing people want to know is "how big is yours"............oh brother! *-) *-)

Bob Elswood - 2010-09-26 4:55 PM

By the time the valves have warmed up on our set we have all fallen asleep !! zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :D

But at least you will be nice and warm from all the heat given off!

Bulletguy - 2010-09-26 4:22 PM

As for those giving every fine detail of their 'tech spec'......whats all that about?? Ive noticed since large flat screens came onto the market size seems to be top priority. First thing people want to know is "how big is yours"............oh brother! *-) *-)

Mine's 11" - makes Mrs O squint a bit sometimes 8-)

Archived