Warners shows

sooty10

Hi Tomo

I could not agree with you more about the unpleasantness of personal abuse and bad manners, this too a symptom of modern life perhaps and the narcissistic stance adopted but many, happy to abuse others but self righteously outraged when anything is directed at them.

I am not so sure about just having to put up with the inconsiderateness of others. Just two examples of pressure from moaners that I am ever thankful of - the ban on indoor smoking (shame about the side effect of sometimes having to put up with it when you have an al fresco meal) and the lessening of dog crap on pavements, parks and beaches. I always remember my 3 year old daughter being very distressed at getting dog muck on her clothes and hands when using a park slide.

Not sure how it happens that behaviour seen as accepatable one day and criticism is seen as busybodying and provokes "it's my right" becomes socially unacceptable the next but it does happen.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
cheetahdavie - 2010-09-29 9:34 PM

"[Have extra batteries, solar panel and generator and did have to run the genny, at the show,]"

I dont understand..why should a Genny be needed when you have such power available?

My 85Ahr Battery carries us [3 adults] over the 4/5 day period.

Most of the day is spent around the show area..looking at "vans"..equipment..stalls.etc..when tired back for a nap. Evenings are spent watching the entertainment..talking to friends and supping a pint of expensive..warm..beer.. the only power needed is for a light to see the bed..a torch for the toilet during the night..the gas runs the fridge..I still dont understand why a Genny is needed?

Emergency ..run the engine!!

Expensive....warm...beer.???

We did not have any complaints about this???? Real Ale was served at +10c-12c within normal range?? Prices set at normal pub prices £2.60 to £2.90

fred grant - 2010-10-05 7:18 PM

fred found the trackerless area at the last show my biddies. it wus such a releif. heaven.

f

I totally agree with you there Fred. Or should it be Back Trackerless. :D

Tonysmith - 2010-10-18 1:07 PM

cheetahdavie - 2010-09-29 9:34 PM

"[Have extra batteries, solar panel and generator and did have to run the genny, at the show,]"

I dont understand..why should a Genny be needed when you have such power available?

My 85Ahr Battery carries us [3 adults] over the 4/5 day period.

Most of the day is spent around the show area..looking at "vans"..equipment..stalls.etc..when tired back for a nap. Evenings are spent watching the entertainment..talking to friends and supping a pint of expensive..warm..beer.. the only power needed is for a light to see the bed..a torch for the toilet during the night..the gas runs the fridge..I still dont understand why a Genny is needed?

Emergency ..run the engine!!

Expensive....warm...beer.???

We did not have any complaints about this???? Real Ale was served at +10c-12c within normal range?? Prices set at normal pub prices £2.60 to £2.90

What medical equipment do you need power for???? we do not use the genny to keep beer cool. As previous post we need to have power and have no problem if generator users are separated.

Phil

Archived