Water Heating Problems. Help needed.

E.Markey

I have a Burstner T615SE, Year 2005. I am having continual problems with my water heating in my motorhome. When I am on hook up and try to heat up water at the setting 40 or 60 Degrees electric setting, this will not happen and the red light will come on. However when I turn the gas bottle on and leave the settings for electric as they were the water heats up with no further problems. Any comments or assistance would be appreciated.

Thankyou. E

Are you sure you are interpreting the controls correctly? (and that you do in fact have a gas AND electric version, and not gas only).

The red light being on conventionally means that the device is running on gas, but there is no gas supply (and your description confirms this).

If you have a gas AND electric version you will have (I'm 99% sure in all cases) TWO separate controls;

one (Power Selector Switch) to select the heat source (any combination of gas only, or electric at two separate wattages, or both gas and electric at two different wattages), a total of 5 switch positions, and

one (Heating Control) to select what it does (two temperatures of water heating only, and space and water heating with or without managed water temperature). This also has an off position. Altogether 5 switch positions.

*For gas only versions, only the latter control is fitted*.

The 40/60 with a 'squiggle' markings on this latter switch represent water heating only (to the given temperature) - the 'squiggle' (which admittedly looks like it might be an electric element) denotes 'water heating', not use of electricity. (If you have an electric version, the electric source is set on the other control).

My suspicion from your description is that you have a gas only version and only one control switch.

If not, (i.e. there is also a Power Selector Switch) can you let us know what switch setting this Power Selector Switch is set at when you are having your problems.

I know it sounds a bit complicated, (You'd have thought Truma could have made it simpler with a single control), but that is how it is with the electric versions.

HTH

Robinhood's answer is an excellent & I also think you have gas only C series heater which is standard for most German vans the electric option is often fitted on UK imports.

With the C4002EL or C6002EL (EL = Electric) there is no temperature control for water when running on electricity, just an on/off switch. Temperature it is pre set to 60 deg.

Archived