Portable (suitcase) Satellite Systems

StewartJ

Hi, I have recently had fitted Camos Crankup square dish to the van and it worked very well for sky reception down on med coast.

Therefore I now have available my old 80 cms dish with LNB and tripod (washing line) stand for disposal . I can also offer a mains sky box as well, and if anyone is interested (collect from ringwood area ) please send pm for (low) price and details

tonyg3nwl

We bought a Satalite system from Aldi around £50 had a play with it last weekend on site outside Paris and it worked really well all free channels downloaded once lined up it was a piece of cake to operate I was really impressed with how easy it was.

kelly58 - 2010-10-04 5:07 PM

We bought a Satalite system from Aldi around £50 had a play with it last weekend on site outside Paris and it worked really well all free channels downloaded once lined up it was a piece of cake to operate I was really impressed with how easy it was.

Just to possibly save you some stress, in case you haven't already, have a read of my post on the 29th Sept

Martyn

Mel B - 2010-10-04 7:39 PM

Howdy Dave

Sorry for not speaking to you again, we did wander past but you had customers and we didn't want to put them off! :D

Still trying to decide what to do ..... *-)

No problem chick, give us a call if you decide to go for the Multimo.

Deerhound, there is no need to let your dome go with the motorhome when you change it. You just need a new set of feet and it can be easily transferred to your new motorhome. We're not in Scotland but there is a good campsite 400 yds from my workshop ;-) .

D.

• 3 weeks later...

I've got a confession to make Dave .... :$

There was I perusing the O&A 'Buy and Sell' ads a couple of weeks ago and lo and behold someone was selling a flipping Multimo!!! I couldn't believe it!!! I emailed the chap as I couldn't get him by phone and he rang me up a few days later (as he'd been away). Hubby then sent a cheque off to him and I arrange for a courier to pick it up. :-D

Now all we needed was a receiver ... well, hubby was pottering round a car boot sale last Wednesday and a chap there was selling a suitcase satellite kit, he bought it for £20 so that's sorted the receiver problem out too! :->

The Multimo arrived yesterday so we've been playing around this afternoon. After an hour of prating around in the lounge with the dish stuck outside via the patio doors, whilst we did get the odd squeal from the sat finder there was no picture. So we moved into the kitchen with the dish stood on top of the motorhome on the drive and we managed to get the sat finder to 'squeal' like a stuck pig and a picture on the TV with 70-72% reception and good quality too. It looks like the problem in the lounge/garden was that we have a large willow, conifer etc which was blocking the signal.

So, now we've got it going we'll see how we get on with it when out and about in the 'van - at least we've worked out how to use the thing so shouldn't give too much entertainment to any neighbouring motorhomes!!!! :D

It just proves that the 'Buy and Sell' bit of the website is worth visiting every now and then!!! :-)

Mel B - 2010-10-26 5:58 PM

I've got a confession to make Dave .... :$

There was I perusing the O&A 'Buy and Sell' ads a couple of weeks ago and lo and behold someone was selling a flipping Multimo!!! I couldn't believe it!!! I emailed the chap as I couldn't get him by phone and he rang me up a few days later (as he'd been away). Hubby then sent a cheque off to him and I arrange for a courier to pick it up. :-D

Now all we needed was a receiver ... well, hubby was pottering round a car boot sale last Wednesday and a chap there was selling a suitcase satellite kit, he bought it for £20 so that's sorted the receiver problem out too! :->

The Multimo arrived yesterday so we've been playing around this afternoon. After an hour of prating around in the lounge with the dish stuck outside via the patio doors, whilst we did get the odd squeal from the sat finder there was no picture. So we moved into the kitchen with the dish stood on top of the motorhome on the drive and we managed to get the sat finder to 'squeal' like a stuck pig and a picture on the TV with 70-72% reception and good quality too. It looks like the problem in the lounge/garden was that we have a large willow, conifer etc which was blocking the signal.

So, now we've got it going we'll see how we get on with it when out and about in the 'van - at least we've worked out how to use the thing so shouldn't give too much entertainment to any neighbouring motorhomes!!!! :D

It just proves that the 'Buy and Sell' bit of the website is worth visiting every now and then!!! :-)

No need to be embarrassed or confess Mel, you got a bargain and it works for you, that's a good thing. Smile and enjoy it :D .

D.

... hubby enjoyed it when we got some 'unusual' channels while playing with the sat dish ... one of a scantily clad young lady laid on a bed with what looked like 2 footballs stuffed into her bra! 8-)

... might have to 'hide' the sat receiver when I go to work tomorrow ..... :$ :D

• 4 weeks later...

Just wondered if anyone has any experience of the Kerstan mini satellite dish? They seem to be recommended for use on boats as they are more tolerant of movement and some research suggests that they may pick up signals in Europe as far south as Gibraltar and west to Lagos in Portugal.

Looks like they are making in-roads into the motorhome market.

No 1

No 2

No 3

Archived