Singles

John.N

This is DEFINITELY NOT a dating agency.

My daughter who has a half share with my wife and I in our Auto-Sleeper Legend is deterred from using the van as much as she would like to because by far the majority of campers are couples and families. She has always found them helpful and friendly but naturally there is a fairly low limit to the social compatibility of such diverse groups.

There must be a number of people amongst us who are in the same situation but who are not on the same site at the same time. It occurred to me that all it needs is a co-ordinator (horrible word!) to announce that on a certain day at a particular site there will be other ‘singles’ enjoying our recreation.

Please let me have your views and point out any potential dangers of such a situation. It might eventually lead to more official ‘meets’ being formally advertised. Initially such events would best be in the South West where we keep our motorhome

Guest JudgeMental

There are singles clubs for motorhomers out there. Some links to previous threads on the subject below.....As for "potential dangers" I dont see any, unless the media get hold of it and generate fear :-D

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=20689&posts=29

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=15072&posts=16

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=12907&posts=16

flicka - 2010-09-30 9:12 PM

Mel B - 2010-09-30 8:15 PM

Do you think that's a good idea Flicka? I'm think some of the single ladies on here would lead the young lady into mischief! 8-) :D

Should that be ASTRAY, Mel (?)

Especially if Jannine is around ;-)

I resemble those remarks :D :D

I think a 'solo' section of the forum would be great.

I'm up for it - despite my reputation, I'm really a very nice person (lol)

J9withdogs - 2010-09-30 9:21 PM

I'm up for it - despite my reputation, I'm really a very nice person

I thoroughly agree with that - Janine is a very kind and warm person, attractive, full of fun, great company and pretty smart too!

J9withdogs - 2010-09-30 9:21 PM

flicka - 2010-09-30 9:12 PM

Mel B - 2010-09-30 8:15 PM

Do you think that's a good idea Flicka? I'm think some of the single ladies on here would lead the young lady into mischief! 8-) :D

Should that be ASTRAY, Mel (?)

Especially if Jannine is around ;-)

I resemble those remarks :D :D

I'm up for it(lol)

So I've heard Janine. You little minx. :D

I'M up for it :-D but her in doors isnt :-S

enough of the smut i will leave that to the judge B-) and Peter(its after 10 isnt it)

to the OP if she gets out in the van to sites where you are in the countryside starts walking and talking (like our betterhalfs do) plenty of single campers (well there is in the lakes where we wkend!) im sure she just needs the push to get out there!! perhaps a site with mobile signal where she can contact at any time, so she is not on her own and scared, just a thought

to your OP (again)

im not single maybe warners can set a section up

jonathan

Archived