Auto trail on Mercedes 2.7

Corky 8

Hello "O"Knowledgeable ones,  I require first hand information on firstly the Mercedes side of the above mentioned Outfits , consumption figures achieved, service intervals and approx service costs, any down sides to owning a Merc, and the habitation side of Auto trial Motorhomes,which in your opinion,  is the best  2 berth Unit, and why thats is, Thank you in advance for any input you can offer , Dennis

I ONLY CLICKED ONCE HONEST

Hi Corky8,

Merc 2.7s are well proven, you didn't say what sort of transmission you had in mind though. If it is manual as I have owned, they run trouble free provided they are serviced regularly. The only problem I once had was a dry hardyspicer which developed a high pitch whine but easily resolved. as regards a two birth then you could consider the 630 cheyenne or the 634 rear lounge cheyenne, both are well built but I would try to locate one that has removable carpets which are easier to keep clean. The build quality is renown. I would be running one today but for Autotrail stopping building on Merc chassis so I was advised by a well known Autotrail dealer to have one built on a 3ltr Fiat chassis. I have never looked back, it runs like a dream.

Archived