Looking for an overnight stop near Huesca please

terryW

We normally overnight using the MH stop in Aire-Sur-l'Adour before crossing the Alps using the N134 and N330 to Huesca. In the past we have spent the next night at Val de Tenna near Huesca before setting out for a fast run down to south of Valencia. Any information on other alternative stops in that area would be much appreciated

There used to be a BP Truckstop on the main A-68 road as you enter Zaragoza from the north-west but many years now since I went through that way. If that is your type of thing there is good facilities and security. You can see the tall BP sign from some distance.

IHTH

I just searched Google Earth and the actual truck stop is shown. It is actually at La Joyosa. 41 44'11.47N, 1 03' 56.94W. Google Earth pics show motorhomes so I would guess it is still used but I don't know how you can find out when they took their pictures?

Regards,

If we're using the Somport tunnel we overnight at the aire in Oloron Saint Marie, and if we're doing the more scenic route we use Laruns - Artouste Fabreges.

From both about six hours driving time to Valencia (not exceeding 60mph and we're always being overtaken by fast MH's). All the way from France to my front door without one set of traffic lights!!

We always stop at Huesca to fill up with cheap diesel at Simply (formerly Sabeco), which is just off the main road at the Huesca Sud junction.

Thanks for that, we have made the trip a few times but last time we headed for a couple of camp sites in Jaca, big mistake! Arrived to be offered a square of brown earth jammed in between Spanish DIY camping/construction units.

At 2pm we decided to move on in the Globecar Tredscout we had then, we set the cruise control to 70mph and booked into Kiko Park in Oliva at 8pm.

Think we must have been one that passed you. Next trip will be a bit more sedate as we have returned to a coach built not quite got the same turn of speed.

Archived