Drum Brake Parts

Guest Chris Hammersley

Guest Chris Hammersley
I am urgently seeking a source for spare parts for the brakes on my trailer. I need a complete set of shoes and remaining mechanism for an old 1980s B&B Trailers rod braking system with the auotomatic reversing shoes. This is an over-run system. Can anyone suggest a source for such spares? Many thanks.......Chris

• 1 month later...
Guest John Gibling
Sorry Chris. Cant help you but maybe you can help me. I am about to replace the brake shoes on my old Viscount van. Unfortunately I didnt take note of which way they came off. The lining is "off set" on the shoe, so it looks like there is a right way and a wrong way to fit the each shoe depending on which way the drum is rotating. Witrh my system, the shoe pivit is at the top and the shoe mechanical "spreader" is at the bottom. The way I think it should go is, looking at the backing plate and on the side that rotates clock wise (cw). Starting at the bottom and moving cw this shoe should have a space with no lining. At the top and rotating cw, this shoe, I think, should also have NO space with no lining, lining starts at start of shoe. This is the one I am not too sure about. Hoping you can help. Many thanks. John.

Archived