Seafrance £25 in October

magbrin

Just been looking at ferries for crossing the channel and it seems that if you book a return - with the first leg in October - SeaFrance http://www.see-france.co.uk/index.php are offering £50 return (also available from Ferrysavers and probably others) Dover - Calais. I think this is for any size of vehicle though have not checked all the details, but certainly will cover our 5.4m PVC crossing out in October and back early December. I just hope the grandbaby arrives in time for us to go at the end of October.

This is ideal for those of us who do not do Tesco :-D

magbrin - 2010-10-07 4:29 PM

Just been looking at ferries for crossing the channel and it seems that if you book a return - with the first leg in October - SeaFrance http://www.see-france.co.uk/index.php are offering £50 return (also available from Ferrysavers and probably others) Dover - Calais. I think this is for any size of vehicle though have not checked all the details, but certainly will cover our 5.4m PVC crossing out in October and back early December. I just hope the grandbaby arrives in time for us to go at the end of October.

This is ideal for those of us who do not do Tesco :-D

£90 return for our 7.7m van :-( but only £62.50 with P&O :-)

Andy

came back from Calais on 1st October,motorhome 6.0m and two adults, cost £27 at 8Am ferry. Checked and booked on internet a few days earlier whilst in france,and this seemd the best fare at a sociable time. Equivalent on P&O was £2 more.

Exc crossing, but seems that you do need to research carefully - I used CC website,as prices varied very widely.

We took a caravan across to leave at the French house this weekend - £52 Dover to Calais (car & caravan) on Seafrance. Booked DFDS (old Norfolk Line) back but checking ferry times from Dunkirk over a cup of coffee on the way back *-) :$ I had got so excited that the one way trip back with the car was £19 plus £1 for using a debit card :-S that I had booked the wrong way! :$ :$ :$

Still, one phone call and another £26 later and all was well.....

Lessons learned - stick with the motorhome (mpg 28, "tugging" 23.5)

Definitely stick with the tunnel - the ferry (both ways) was mind numbingly boring and we could have been home in the time it took to cross the water if we had used the tunnel! *-) At our age I think time is more important to us now than saving £20 or so. ;-)

Guest Peter James
up to 6.5m it is showing from £23 each way, but only if you book a return. A single starts from about £37. I don't know if they still charge extra to your debit card if you book a return and only use the outward crossing?

Archived