engine management light

tom rocks

Hi I have a 56 plate Autocruise Starsprit and have trouble starting it first thing in the mornings when i have locked the front doors from in side without the fob when i turn the ignition on the engine managment light wont go out so i have to lock and unlock on the fob till it goes out but once started its ok for rest of the day i have noticed that a amber warninglightcomes on now an again with a padloc and car but goes out after awhile your advice is needed thanks

\it pays to really get to know what goes on with the alarm/locking system. Last year I went shopping in Super U and mistakenly opened the door with the key instead of the keypad and then the alarm went off . In a panic I pressed various keys on the pad one after the other with the door open and shutand ign on and off.

Then it dawned on me that I had inadvertently entered the set up phase of the system. It took quite a long time to reset everything counting flashes from the led and doing commands with door open/closed ign on and off to get everything back to square one.

I have spoken to others since who renewed their alarm as they thought it was knacked, so be aware it could save money as well as a red face.

Archived