power steering

fallbay13

(?) Hi There

Don't know if anyone can help but does anyone know of any companies that could convert our K reg VW Komet to power steering as we cannot afford to up date her, we've had many a family adventure in K9 (vans name) from weekends in Pembroke to 3 weeks touring France so as you can imagine parting with her is a no no unless someone wants to offer a straight swop for a Chausson flash with bunk beds, telly, air con ect? Looks like power steering then.

Idealy in the S.Wales area.

And another thing it's a T4 model.

Guest Tracker

Welcome to the forum.

You might try a Google search for 'after market power steering' or similar as there are a few companies who can retrofit power steering and it generally costs around £2000.

Not cheap but less than a new van and it will make the van easier to sell which might translate into a bit more on it's value - but don't count on it as it is primarily for your own convenience.

:-D Hi thanks for the replies.

Just got back from NEC camper and Caravan show with severe campervan envy looked around the Chausson Flash 03 at least 4 times well until the salesman started to avoid me (I think asking him to take a photo of me in it was the final straw).The range and set ups 0f campervans still cease to amaze me but who can afford £30.000 plus for a family campervan,that envy stating to kick in again,anyway thanks for the advice and contacts for the powersteering issue i shall be following these up and buying a lottery ticket (that Chausson Flash will be mine).

Cheers Fallbay 13

Have you noticed but there's not as much thin crunchy chocolate in a vienetta than there used to be.

Archived