Bird droppings

insignia

Bird droppings  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We have to park our van beneath a very large horsechestnut tree consequence of which it is covered on a daily bases in mess I am having to wash it off almost daily .I normally wash it off with a shampoo in a bucket of warm water which is not always a quick answer as the droppings go really solid and are difficult to remove. Does any one know a product that I can add to the bucket or spray onto the the van to break the droppings down so that I can just hose it all off

I have the same problem under a redwood tree. Pidgeons are my main problem and they roost in the tree mainly during the winter (don't know why not all year round, but thankful for small mercies!).

I have ended up with a cover over the part of the roof affected. I was warned that partially covering the GRP roof of our AS Nuevo could result in differential fading of the GRP. It was a risk worth taking to avoid cleaning the bird mess and risking damage or staining of the GRP from the bird droppings.

Hi Cliff

If you scroll across the website address at the top of the page to highlight it, then use "Ctrl" & the "C" keys together (copy function) then to add to the post or any document for that matter use "Ctrl" & the "V" keys together(Paste function) to paste it in.

There will be other ways which others use, i.e. "F" function keys.

But everyone finds their own favorite way.

i.e. Trained typists often use different functions than "non-typists" never touch.

Many years ago on a Computer course, I was told that all Microsoft products have at least 3 ways of performing the same function, don't know if that is still the case.

insignia - 2010-10-13 8:34 PM

We have to park our van beneath a very large horsechestnut tree consequence of which it is covered on a daily bases in mess I am having to wash it off almost daily .I normally wash it off with a shampoo in a bucket of warm water which is not always a quick answer as the droppings go really solid and are difficult to remove. Does any one know a product that I can add to the bucket or spray onto the the van to break the droppings down so that I can just hose it all off

Try this product from Aldi

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/special_buys3_15824.htm

This is a strong cleaner use an old recycled hand spray use as it is or in a diluted solution spray the dropping leave a few minutes and wash off with warm water best way is to either cover roof or move van this is good for black streaks etc see also

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=21210&posts=9

flicka - 2010-10-14 2:44 PM

Hi Cliff

If you scroll across the website address at the top of the page to highlight it, then use "Ctrl" & the "C" keys together (copy function) then to add to the post or any document for that matter use "Ctrl" & the "V" keys together(Paste function) to paste it in.

There will be other ways which others use, i.e. "F" function keys.

But everyone finds their own favorite way.

i.e. Trained typists often use different functions than "non-typists" never touch.

Many years ago on a Computer course, I was told that all Microsoft products have at least 3 ways of performing the same function, don't know if that is still the case.

Thanks Flicka i,ll give it a go !

(lol)

Archived