Burstner T615 - 2004 Info Required Please

Portman

I am interested in doing a part exchange for a Burstner T615, 2004 Reg priced at £27,000. Just wondered if anybody had one and could help me out with the following info.

a. Water tank capacties?

b. Heating system -gas/electric blown air?

c. Rough idea of mpg fuel wise?

d. Road tax banding?

e. Payload/MPLM, etc ?

f. Any other technical info anyone may have please?

g. Any other points I need to look out for when I check the motor home over more closley on the second visit?

Any other plus or minus points would be appreciatted as I am new to motor home and now have the bug having brought a rear lounge Elddis 120 in May and want to upgrade.

Thanks very much!

Hi Portman

Sounds a bit over-priced to me if its anything like this one:

http://www.caravanfinder.co.uk/motorhome/Trade/D5AA4433256400A88025770600465DC2/

I assume you have an idea of the PX value of your van (assuming you're going to trade it in) as you won't get anything like what you paid for it, assuming you paid the going rate for it originally ... could prove to be an expensive change round.

Questions. a)100ltfresh/90lt waste. b) blown air gas unless electric option added. c) At 50mph we get 32/34 mpg fully loaded, we have the 2.3jtd engine. d) normal PLG, I think it was £185 last time we taxed it. e) 3400kg max but it can be up rated to 3500 easily.

There is nothing special about the van, check everything as you would normally. It should have roof bars and a ladder plus an awning fitted as standard. I also think this one is over priced, we would be looking for about £24k for ours and we have several accessories fitted, eg tow bar, Gaslow and cruise.

PM me for any further info.

PS.

I should have mentioned the two recalls, neither advised by Burstner nor the dealer who has gone bust since we bought the van.

1) Make sure the habitation windows have had the necessary nuts & bolts fitted, from outside the van you should see small gray plastic covers in the corner of the windows.

2) There was a recall on the fridge to secure the gas pipe, only takes a few minutes but you have to take the van to a Dometic agent so it's better to have the vendor do it.

BTW if the van you are looking at has the 2.8 & Alco chassis up grade that could account for the higher than expected price, these two added about £4k to the original price of our van which was about £36k and in MHO added nothing to the efficiency or comfort of the van. and the £4 saved bought a lot of accessories.

Archived