How to dismantle/replace outside light bulb?

deerhound

Looking for advice on how the outside light dismantles to allow cleaning of light cover and replace bulb. Light is on Swift Royale Ensign 590, there are no visable screws on assembly with just the slide on/off switch and no access panel behind the light inside the motorhome. Inside light cover is dirty with algea and needs fixed. On looking through the Towsure magazine there looks to be exactly the same light for sale? Thanks again for any help. *-)

It would help if you could post a picture of the light in question as there are several different designs in common use. My guess would be the "Ring" type like this http://www.ringautomotive.co.uk/product_detail.asp?prod=1326

If so then squeezing the top and bottom edges of the cover together slightly will release the locating lugs and you can remove it.

D.

I have just cleaned mine. It is the Ring with the PIR fitted.

It was a struggle but came off eventually. I got it off just before the wife returned with the 4 lb hammer I sent her for.

Now it comes off quite easily. I intend fitting LED bulbs in place of the normal bulbs.

www.jmgoods.co.uk sell the single pole bayonet adaptors at £1.99 each. You can fit LED`s with rear pointing pins into them. They are also available on the website.4 bright LED`s, 90 degree angle, 1.8 watt.

Archived