Ford radio (2.4 engine)

chris

The radio stopped working last weekend. (First trip in it from new). Stopped van , turned off habitation electrics then it worked again but went on and off twice whilst driving.

This weekend worked no problem but today on return journey "nothing" tried locating fuses behind passenger glove box but cant find the position for number 73 fuse for the radio. We have turned things on and off and nothing. Had alarm fitted last week and it seems to have gone off since then so I will have to give them a ring unless anyone can shed light on where the radio fuse is or have I turned something off?

Chris

Chris,

suspect it's not the fuse if it is intermittent (unless it simply isn't bedded properly, and then it would probably lose its code when it went off).

However if you can't find fuse 73 the following may help:

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=63178

Make sure you have the radio code before playing.

There is also some extra info on the radio connection in the BEMM guide, downloadable from the left side of the ETIS page with your vehicle details on it. There is a second power connection (via ignition) which wakes the radio up - so may also be a problem with this.

Thanks for that link Robinhood. An excellent post but we have not succeeded. Taken off the first fuse box cover behind glove box but cannot work out how to disconnect it to get to second fuse box behind it. Will take it to a Ford garage or find a knowledgeable person on a campsite this weekend :-D

Afraid to tug and pull too much in case.

Thanks for the link as it really is a good site.

Another question to anyone, how many litres of diesel does the Mark 7 Ford 2.4 RWD 140bhp take? Tankwas really empty and put in 73.82 litres and had 20 miles left to empty tank so think its about 75litres. aM i RIGHT?

cHRIS

chris - 2010-10-22 6:30 PM

Another question to anyone, how many litres of diesel does the Mark 7 Ford 2.4 RWD 140bhp take? Tankwas really empty and put in 73.82 litres and had 20 miles left to empty tank so think its about 75litres. aM i RIGHT?

cHRIS

I'm pretty sure all Mk 6 and Mk 7 Transits have 80 litre fuel tanks as standard. (It should say on the back of your Ford Transit Owner's Guide booklet.)

• 2 weeks later...

Well we were at dealers and they looked at radio and refferred us to Ford

Brand new Ford garage opened by us and we were there first week of opening :-D . They say we need a new radio so getting that fixed next week and they will do the ECU remapping to stop us stalling and getting beeps when we start engine.

Good dealer and very obliging.

Chris

Archived