camos crank up aghhhh!!! Quality signal

chris

Careful Arthur, you are giving secrets away here. :-D

We will not be able to sit and watch poor beggars scratch their heads and fling dishes into the hedge if they know what they are doing.

Ahhh, hours of entertainment when on a quiet site. :D

I GIVE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have tried again and still the same. Thanks for all the help. Meeting up with a fellow motorhomer in 2 weeks who has same system so we will test out the box etc then. If no luck then it will obviously go back to dealer. Haven't tried box on our home system yet so will try that when I am not so stressed out.

Dealer is 75 miles away so will wait a fortnight before making a fools errand or a positive trip whichever it is.

Thanks but I now retire before I throw things around the van and turn the air blue >:-(

Chris

Success at last.

Started all over again and found an article by Dave Newell in Practical motorhome Oct 2008 (thanks Dave).

We used the sattelite finder and this finally gave us success and we have sattelite at last. The advice given about facing dish to East and move South was another big help.

To any novice like us, it isn't easy but hopefully with the help of satfinder we can do it again.

It seems the saying "needle in a haystack " should read find "sattelite in the sky" :->

Thanks to you all for your effort and time

Chris

chris - 2010-10-25 9:04 PM

Success at last.

Started all over again and found an article by Dave Newell in Practical motorhome Oct 2008 (thanks Dave).

We used the sattelite finder and this finally gave us success and we have sattelite at last. The advice given about facing dish to East and move South was another big help.

To any novice like us, it isn't easy but hopefully with the help of satfinder we can do it again.

It seems the saying "needle in a haystack " should read find "sattelite in the sky" :->

Thanks to you all for your effort and time

Chris

You're very welcome :D .

D.

• 1 month later...

Just an update to say there is a fault with the dish and it will be back at dealers soon. Swopped tv and box with our friend who has same dish and worked perfect on theirs so we know its wrong. It takes hours to find the sattelite and several tries.

Will update when fixed

Chris

The more I read.the more confused I become?

I see huge wads of dosh being paid out for "Technology" viz aerials etc.

My van "boasts" [?] a simple 510 ..push up aerial.I do not travel overseas so do not know what goes on there..but I [We] have never had a problem with Tv.My "set" cost £12o from Netto..it plays DVD/Freeview etc etc..ok the viewing angles leave a great deal to be desired...but it works.

We [royal] have travelled length..and dare I say it Breadth..but the TV has always worked.There is more "Kideology" about Digital TV and HD than there is about "Public Service" [?] cuts..and the price??? wow.

There will be a change in time to come..but hey..dont give in to the "experts" just yet?

cheetahdavie - 2010-11-30 12:53 AM

My van "boasts" [?] a simple 510 ..push up aerial.I do not travel overseas so do not know what goes on there..but I [We] have never had a problem with Tv.My "set" cost £12o from Netto..it plays DVD/Freeview etc etc..ok the viewing angles leave a great deal to be desired...but it works.

We [royal] have travelled length..and dare I say it Breadth..but the TV has always worked.There is more "Kideology" about Digital TV and HD than there is about "Public Service" [?] cuts..and the price??? wow.

There will be a change in time to come..but hey..dont give in to the "experts" just yet?

To some extent you are correct. But you say what you say because you haven't used your TV abroad. A simple aerial system is all you really need for the UK where you can watch the various channels via your Freeview TV.

Those of us are into technological solutions do so out of necessity simply because we want to use the TV on our travels abroad.

That and the fact that the O/P happens to be refering specifically to Satelite systems. By the way, anybody tried getting a good digital signal with a push up ariel, what a pain in the butt. I could be tuned to a satelite far quicker.

cheetahdavie - 2010-11-30 12:53 AM

I (we) too have a 510 push up aeriel and have to say that in the parts of britain that we have so far been able to traverse it still leaves a great deal to be desired - even using a TV signal finder in some locations!!

Consequnetly, I (we) will be replacing said 510 push up aeriel with either an Oyster Caro automatic satelite dish if I (we) can afford it - or a camos crank up if not - as soon as possible to overcome many of the problems we have encountered in remote parts of the UK. One spn off advantage is we can watch Look North news in many parts of euirope!

David

Archived