Maiden voyage

nuevoboy

Having succesfully collected our new/old motorhome, we spent 3 nights at Blackmore CC site near Malvern.

It was a bit of a nerve-wracking time, especially the first night trying to remember what all the buttons were for. Eventually settled down and started to enjoy it.

Moved on for 3 nights near Peterborough to see our new grand-daughter and after a quick revisit to Gloucester for a mechanical check we went on to Poston Mill in the Golden Valley. Finally had a really good night's sleep once I started believing I knew what I was doing. Ended up staying for 4 nights there as it was so good.

So, we have finally discovered the delights of motorhoming.

Just got back home after a first trip of 480 miles driving, but with the bonus that we cycled 240 miles exploring this great countryside of ours.

(The fact that it didn't rain, except for one light shower one night, certainly helped.)

Thanks to all for their earlier advice, especially to Bertieburstner, whom I have just discovered had sent me a message via my inbox.

Mmm, not sure I've got it sorted yet.

Studying the books today I discovered that the ultrastore is actually for the water heater and not the habitation heater. I was wondering why I had two sets of dials that seemingly did the same thing! *-)

I'm sure it was explained at the handover but like I've always said,

I'm not a slow learner, just a fast forgetter.

You may find that even though the controls look the same, they do completely different things but have similar symbols.

One controls gas(a Flame) or Electric(wiggly lines) and one controls Water

Wiggly lines) and Heating (a flame), stupid really but its designed on the continent. A simple sign saying fuel on one would save a lot of people hassle.

Archived