Petrol station this side of Eurotunnel, Folkstone

Caroline

Caroline - 2010-10-19 11:04 AM Hi With all the trouble in France at the moment want to make sure we have a full tank before going over, can you advise me on the nearest Petrol station to the tunnel, preferably a supermarket not a service station. Thanks

Hello Caroline.

Pull off at the Ashford sign, I can't remember exactly where it is but there was a supermarket close by, Other than that it's the Service Station before you get to the tunnel. Expect to pay £1.30+ though.

If you have enough diesel to get over to France you could nip up into Belgium it's not far.

There is also a Sainsbury's just off the M20 at Folkstone.

Dave 

Just came back from Bruges today at lunchtime today, no queues or problems in any garages that I passed in Belgium.

The prices for diesel were between 1.04 and 1.24€ in Belgium but about 8 cars waving white and red flags with CAT on them blocked the Chunnel turnoff for about a mile before the Calais exit with a 5mph rolling blockade.

They dispersed just before the Chunnel exit where loads of police cars were flashing blue lights.

Try the service station marked up for "early port arrivals" just before the tunnel - we

used it the week before last and the price was almost as good as Asda! Hubbie was so

impressed he refused to fill up with petrol (we were using the car...) again in France so kept going (just!)

till we called in there again on our way back home. The service station is literally yards from the motorway. B-)

Archived