Base vehicle servicing Lancashire, any recommendations?

Ina

Despite my username which I cannot seem to alter, we now have a Rapido on a Mercedes, 3 litre V6, which has now done 11000 miles. It is well over 2 years old and needs a service.

Having Googled for garages which service motorhomes, we have had quotes from a couple of garages, one for £250 plus VAT, the other for "between £150 and £250 plus VAT". The local caravan/motorhome dealership quoted "around £400".

Does anyone have any personal recommendations? It's a bit like sticking a pin in the phonebook, and also the prices quoted are rather dissimilar to say the least.

Any advice out there would be greatly appreciated.

Ina.

Further to the above, OH took the van to Walton Summit this morning. Very pleased with the service, although on arrival it seems they weren't expecting the engine to be the V6, which he had definitely told them when booking it over the phone. So it took about 4 hours, instead of the promised 2. As it was their mistake, they didn't charge the full 4 hours labour, the cost was about £20 more than quoted, they also replaced a lightbulb free of charge.

So thanks for the recommendation, Andy.

Ina.

Some years ago, I read an article that listed a number of recommended garages for servicing motorhomes. In the list was BT (yes, the telephone company).  Apparently BT Fleet has diversified from just maintaining its own vehicles to many other companies’ vehicles from cars to light vans and HGVs, they also service and repair private vehicles.  All work is covered by a 12 month or 12,000 mile warranty and they have a network of over 500 garages.

For the past 4 years I have had my car and motorhome serviced and MOT’d by BT.  The service cost less than halve of the dealer network garage and did not invalidate the warranty as they are VAT registered.

http://www.btfleet.com/service/service-maintenance-repair.aspx

I cannot recommended them highly enough and, no, I do not work for BT.

Ina - 2010-10-29 4:24 PM

Further to the above, OH took the van to Walton Summit this morning. Very pleased with the service, although on arrival it seems they weren't expecting the engine to be the V6, which he had definitely told them when booking it over the phone. So it took about 4 hours, instead of the promised 2. As it was their mistake, they didn't charge the full 4 hours labour, the cost was about £20 more than quoted, they also replaced a lightbulb free of charge.

So thanks for the recommendation, Andy.

Ina.

No problem Ina :-)

Archived