renault master auto/man gearbox

tazdog6007

still trying to get something done with this gearbox which stays in manual 80% of the time.renault agents are useless,giving me all sorts of bull---- why it happens. i can see a new e.c.u as the only result then its sell and renault never again.next camper will have ford on the bonnet. my advice?take more notice of the base when buying!

Well amazed at your problem. I have the quick shift 6 with the 2.5 150hp and a vine vehicle it is. It is not a MH but a mobile workshop (Medical) running close to the weight limit all the time, no problems now covered 60000. Not a lot you may say the last one drowned in the 2007 floods and previous to that a 3ltr master with 250,000 with one fault (Turbo blow off valve) Contact Renault UK and state the problem, they are a decent lot.

I have nothing but praise for my quick shift 6 speed auto box on my renault. In fact it was the main reason for buying a renault and it has been an absolute pleasure for 23,000 miles. No fun of course if you get a bad one of anything but for me it`s my first auto and the star of the show. I will never go back to manuals as it has made my driving so much easier and better. I could never change gear on a commercial vehicle so smoothly as the close ratios of 6 speeds. It`s a pity if this is not the same for everyone.

Alan.

thanks den. taking the van into renault agent to-morrow for a service and to try and get the problem sorted.phoned renault u.k.and they will contact the agent when they have it on site to discuss the problem and even spoke of helping with the cost if heavy. will post to let you know how it pans out thanks again.

The saga continues--

took it into renault agent yesterday morning.still got it mechanic phones to ask if timberland can help . i smell a shift of responability ! i contact timberland who stste they have no involvment with the engine.this info i pass to renault garage. watch this space!

Strictly speaking, your contract is with whoever sold you the vehicle. In case this gets difficult I would suggest you drop it off with them and insist that they arrange any necessary repairs.

You purchased a complete vehicle, not a chassis and a body.

Nick

update

"do you need the vehicle at the weekend as we have yet to find the problem" so now its monday ,no phone calls,phone renault u.k they phone the garage,still not fixed.Brighton wednesday? probably not .try another garage?If a major dealer cant mend it who can.anyway ,why let them off the hook? I repeat,renault never again!

From what I read that goes for Fiat in spades. Despite relieving us of huge amounts of money dealers still do not have the skills to fix our problems when something goes wrong. I have found that with several vehicles- brilliant from new , but beware the mechanics getting hold of it. Hope things turn around.

Alan.

update

mechanic has dug deep into the fuel inj. system disconnecting wires and cleaning terminals ,till he appeared to hit on the problem. road tested for two days (start stop drive ect ) all seems o.k pick up tomorrow. trouble is he cant say what was wrong.It will be a lot of miles before my confidence is restored.already seeing whats on offer in mmm.well thats all folks!The bill? yer alright, i will let you know tomorrow,when ive dried my tears!

well, hats off to a.c. williams mechanic ancaster, (grantham) only charged one and a half hours labor as no bits were needed.still did not know which bit he pulled off to fix it,but seems o.k now.so,£430 for this and a full service made me a happy bunny,and i can join all you smug buggers with a perfik box.

I wouldn't be to happy with the bill.

1.5 Hrs and a service! I paid £150 for full service and disc pads on the rear.

like most say, my Renault has now covered 62000 faultless miles.

Did you mention Renault UK would compensate you ?

Dennis

I use ac williams, ancaster also- a lad there called kevin baker knows his stuff. Just for a full main dealer service can cost just over £200 but peace of mind if a good job done. Glad you are back in the fold and hope no more problems. You may have noticed all the good reports about the renault and the auto box, nothing like the bad press of other makes. We hope we are not smug just relieved we chose wisely.

Alan.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived