Can't give the thing away

michele

How bloody hard is it to sell a Motorhome these days.

My friends have a Motorhome never ever been used its only got 8500 miles on the clock been looked after like a newborn baby and lived the cushy life in a garage protected .

Aircon the lot what have you got to do to get rid ?

The only reason they want to sell for is they just are not finding the time to use due to work commitment .

Funny world :D

Where is the best place to sell it .

Hi Michelle, I guess selling outright will be a problem at the moment. They would be significantly out of pocket selling to the brokers out there. Have they considered hiring it out through someone like Wild Horizon or similar.

They could then keep her and offset the original investment cost. I hire mine out and it always come back cleaner than before it went out!

BB

Hi,I don't know where your friend lives, but I have sold two motorhomes quickly with Stafford Motorhomes in the Midlands. They are situated on the A5 near Gailey

They sell on commission, you sign a contract with them and I have never had to wait long for the money. Commission charge also covers the cost of putting it on the net.

Hi Guys & Gals,

Its one of the Cheyenne Autotrails I dont know why they bought it really didnt have the time thats money lost . Shame really its in immaculate nick they dont have kids and dont smoke with no pets .

He was going to try and phone Brownhills today as the Swindon website says that they are short of second hand models to sell .

Essex by the way .

Anyway all I can say is who ever gets this will be a happy bunny .

sorry didnt read the site before I posted ,

Thanks

stop gettin free ads then michelle my luvver?? seriously u should advertise in mmmmagazine and website. why as everybody missed the bl**din obvious my biddies? me an alice sold ours on here ans sum friends also got a a good response. its the best place by miles. spend around 40 quid, me ansums, and they say yer ad will go out to hundred thousand people. worked for us. is not yer autotrail worth 40 pounds inverstment for a good price. if the answers no then go on ebay. simples!

feercatfred

Don,t forget that if you have it up for sale on a dealers forecourt, even if its yours and being sold on comission that if the firm become insolvent you will have a devels own job getting it back from the reciever. My advise would be to retain a set of keys and if the firm go belly up personally retrieve the vehicle first, then argue with them afterwards if they try it on.

CASH is king.

C.

fred grant - 2010-10-25 7:30 PM

stop gettin free ads then michelle my luvver?? seriously u should advertise in mmmmagazine and website. why as everybody missed the bl**din obvious my biddies? me an alice sold ours on here ans sum friends also got a a good response. its the best place by miles. spend around 40 quid, me ansums, and they say yer ad will go out to hundred thousand people. worked for us. is not yer autotrail worth 40 pounds inverstment for a good price. if the answers no then go on ebay. simples!

feercatfred

I've occasionally wondered whether you managed to sell your elderly Elddis 300 and, evidently, the answer is Yes. Did you choose to replace it with something snazzier, or did you put the money towards a new combine-harvester?

alice were not appy me gettin rid of the van derk my biddy. Anyhow, as a stopgap me an the boys as thrown a couple of mattresses in the back of one of me coaches - plus the old kitchen and wc thats bin festerin in the barn for decades. question is me ansum will they let i in the peterbrough show next year?? cant give u too many details derk, as tracker may cum looking for me if i doo.

see e drectly. f

Guest JudgeMental

"but the van stays with you"

Please how does that work exactly? Do people come and view at your home and pay you, then you pass on the commision or what?

Yes.

Nick Legg will ring you to tell you if he has an interested party that has seen your van on his web site, as all prospective customers can only ring him. He will pass on their telephone number and you arrange with the interested party to view the van. All the haggling and payment arrangements are done by you

Then your arranged fee is forwarded to Nick at Bundesvan on completion of the sale.

There is a one off initial charge to advertise on his web site which covers his set-up costs . This covers him against time wasters.

Upload all your van details and as many photos as you can to Bundesvan and he will word the ad for you. No sale,no extra charges.

If you need his terms and conditions send him an email or ring.

Brian Kirby knows him and will,I am sure, recommend him.

No wonder??

I started my "motor Home life" in the 70s. Have enjoyed many times since..but???.

I have just returned from a 4/5 day trip. With 7 year old grandaughter in tow.

Cramped living conditions/Mud all over the field.Just paid a widge short of £100 for a new battery {on a 57 plate}..problems with suspension..water running in to the Engine [Peugot}.Supposed 5 berth but realy two of us?

Going to Isle of wight this week..coach..pick up..5 star? the coach takes us round the Island a number of times

cost £69..£60 for the grandchild..What would be the cost of me going in " Van"

Sell my vehicle at a loss {as you always do]

I can use the capital to take many 5* hols and really enjoy??

This year I sell my Van and go.The 25/27 grand I get will enable me to enjoy the fag end of life

I hope I can give mine away??

cheetahdavie - 2010-10-28 11:59 PM

No wonder??

I started my "motor Home life" in the 70s. Have enjoyed many times since..but???.

I have just returned from a 4/5 day trip. With 7 year old grandaughter in tow.

Cramped living conditions/Mud all over the field.Just paid a widge short of £100 for a new battery {on a 57 plate}..problems with suspension..water running in to the Engine [Peugot}.Supposed 5 berth but realy two of us?

Going to Isle of wight this week..coach..pick up..5 star? the coach takes us round the Island a number of times

cost £69..£60 for the grandchild..What would be the cost of me going in " Van"

Sell my vehicle at a loss {as you always do]

I can use the capital to take many 5* hols and really enjoy??

This year I sell my Van and go.The 25/27 grand I get will enable me to enjoy the fag end of life

I hope I can give mine away??

Anyone able to translate please?

Guest JudgeMental

Yes...

What Davie is saying that he can probably get better value holidays and better experiences without the motorhome. and use the proceeds from the sale of the van to fund it......Simples :-D

And I agree with him to some extent. This winter for instance, 2 months in S/E Asia or 2 months in Spain......No contest IMO

Archived