ACSI Camping Card renewal/purchase

enodreven

braunston - 2010-10-31 1:28 PM

Hi, no matter where you buy it VB , C&CC or direct from the producers its certainly worth ha ing so dont miss out order your copy now

That is what I used to think :-S we only used two of the sites in June this year (Germany) one we paid 19E and the other 18E I didnt think we had saved anything when you take into account the price of the book!! oh and yes one site at Bergen that was 22Eur and 1Eur for dog a night. The 18Eur noticed the dog after we had paid I didnt realise you had to pay but she said we could be let off with that as he is so kliner (sp)

Not sure we will bother again.

Bojitoes - 2010-11-28 9:36 PM

Has the new ACSI book been sent out yet? Ordered ours from ACSI direct a couple of months ago but have heard nothing since the order acknowledgement

Bob

I ordered mine from Vicarious Books, not ACSI, on the 31st of October (see earlier post in this thread), according to VB delivery would be "early December". So not long to wait now :-D

Ina - 2010-11-28 5:25 PM
Brian Kirby - 2010-11-28 5:10 PM

Rather than start a new string, I've resurrected this one.  Anyone noticed how many of the ACSI sites are now charging extra for Tourist Tax? 

Brian But hasn't that always been the case? ACSI rates have always been exclusive of Tourist Tax, it's the same with Camping Cheques. Or do you mean that a lot more ACSI sites are charging extra than before? Must admit, I don't understand how TT is arrived at, in the same area, ie a mile down the road, 2 sites can be charging different amounts, noticed that once near Oye Plage. If they are charged by the same authority, should the TT not therefore be the same? Or am I missing something? Ina.

It has, although I think more of the sites used to swallow the cost.  What I think is happening now, is that the local authorities have ramped up the tax rates, so that the cost has become too great for the sites to swallow.

Each council sets its own rate, and the tax sometimes comprises a local plus a regional tax.  In Greece, although not relevant to ACSI because there are no sites in Greece doing the ACSI deal, there was even a national tourist tax plus local taxes. 

It just seems to me that countries that want tourists for the revenue they bring in, should give a bit of consideration to how attractive a selling proposition taxing them for the pleasure may seem.  "Hello, come and visit our country, you will be most welcome, and we've a special tax just for you while you stay".

After, every enterprise you deal with as a visitor pays (at least in theory! :-)) tax, so that the relevant rates of VAT, property tax, corporation tax, profits tax, employment tax, etc, etc, are already included within all your bills.  I appreciate that large numbers of seasonal visitors impose their particular strains on local services and resources in areas so affected, but please, this just seems to be getting out of hand!  :-(

Brian

I see what you mean. It's interesting that some sites don't charge TT at all, or at least if they do, it's "hidden" in the daily charge.

In Germany and Holland TT seems to cost more than in France, where they often add "Environment Tax", or "Rubbish Tax" to the amount of TT charged, that is my experience anyway. Last year we were charged €3.46 TT for 1 night on a Dutch campsite, for 2 of us! I think that's the most we have paid anywhere, but it does make the total cost for 1 night quite a lot more than it would at first glance appear. And would we really have contributed €3.46 worth of rubbish, pollution of the environment etc for that 1 night? Pity it's not an optional extra :-S

Ina - 2010-11-29 1:39 PM

Brian

I see what you mean. It's interesting that some sites don't charge TT at all, or at least if they do, it's "hidden" in the daily charge.

In Germany and Holland TT seems to cost more than in France, where they often add "Environment Tax", or "Rubbish Tax" to the amount of TT charged, that is my experience anyway. Last year we were charged €3.46 TT for 1 night on a Dutch campsite, for 2 of us! I think that's the most we have paid anywhere, but it does make the total cost for 1 night quite a lot more than it would at first glance appear. And would we really have contributed €3.46 worth of rubbish, pollution of the environment etc for that 1 night? Pity it's not an optional extra :-S

Ina

We had this in Austria last year, I think it added nearly €4 to the nightly charge by the time they had also put the Tourist Tax on.

David

Archived