Hymer 12vDC & 240 v electric box

david1949

I am looking some help please i have a |Hymer year 2000 the electric box unit i don't know the proper name of it it sets on the drivers side of the A class . Well all the electric have stopped working even the 240 volt would anyone know the address of the company in Germany that i could send it back for repair as Hymer UK has checked it out and told me that a new unit needs to be fitted and the they have given me a price of £500 supply and fit but they would not give the address where to send it back for repair so here's hoping someone can help

From memory this has been brought up in this forum before.

It is possible to send these units back to the manufacturer (Schaudt) in Germany. Not to Hymer.

I think this is their address:

Schaudt GmbH

Elektrotechnik & Apparatebau

Daimlerstrasse 5

Markdorf

Germany

There is a contact name but I cannot remember it.

www.schaudt-gmbh.de

Udo Lang, Technischer Kundendienst.

Schaudt GmbH Elektrotechnik & Apparatebau

Daimlerstr. 5 - 88677 Markdorf - Germany

email: kundendienst@schaudt-gmbh.de

Tel. +49 7544 9577-70 Fax +49 - 7544 - 9577-49

(The above info comes courtesy of earlier postings from Clive Mott-Gotobed. For plenty more 'Electroblok'-related stuff, try the forum's Search facility using

Schaudt

Clive

All posts

Hi David & welcome to the forum

Dave Newell (regular contributor on this forum) recently wrote an article regarding problems with the Schault Electroblock being susceptable to mains voltage spikes.

The Schault repairs can be anywhere from £250 to £600. He also suggests a simple DIY fitting of a OVP01 Mains voltage limiting unit £120 (inc P&P).

Many German built Motorhomes feature this Unit, so it may be applicable to Hobby, Dethleths, Burstner, Knaus, etc..

Can I suggest you contact him, as he should be able to help you.

http://www.davenewell.co.uk/

Tel:01952 587702

Mob:07891 441883

E-mail: dave@davenewell.co.uk or jackie@davenewell.co.uk

Unit P, Court Works Ind. Est.

Bridgnorth Road,

Tweedale,

Telford,

TF7 4JB.

Archived