Norfolkline Multi-Trip offers for Motorhomes

enodreven

It would appear that the Motorhome offer is Single Trip only (?)

The Multitrip page states:-

"Fare available for car/motorhomes under 2.4m high and less than 5m in length,Fare available for car/motorhomes under 2.4m high and less than 5m in length, ......... etc.."

So would rule out most Motorhomes, ......................... unless you have a WV / Bilbo poptop or similar.

Hi,

Perhaps I have read it wrong but all of the Multi-trip fares are shown as multiples of single journeys.

These are the rates for cars and small motorhomes

Multi-Trip Offers:

Car and up to 4 people, any length of stay

* Bronze: £29 each way* valid for 3 to 4 return trips

* Silver: £24 each way* valid for 5 to 8 return trips

* Gold: £21 each way* valid for 9 to 11 return trips

* Platinum: £19 each way* valid for 12 or more return trips

These are the comparable rates for larger vehicles (the link given above)

Pre-booker specials:

* Motorhome and up to 4 people: £35 each way*, any length of stay

* Car + Caravan and up to 4 people: £49 each way*, any length of stay

It could probably be argued that the Pre-booker specials are a slightly better deal albeit at a slightly higher price (£35 against £29) as it DOSEN'T appear that you have to committee to a minimum of 3 or 4 trips as you have to with the Bronze offer, double check as I could be wrong.

The limitations on the Pre-Booker are shown as follows:-

Fare available for motorhomes over 2.4m high and less than 8m in length, and cars plus caravan over 2.4m high and less than 12m total length. Bookings are non refundable. Norfolkline terms and conditions apply (see website for full details).

We use the Norfolkline (DFDS now) from Dover to Dunkerque & back if we take the car - £20 each way but prefer the tunnel (Frequent Traveller tickets) at £39 each way. It is so much easier to use and only costs an extra £9 each way for a motorhome - "campervan" - of any size. If you turn up early you can travel early - with no extra charge, unless you choose peak times, and the journey is only 40 minutes. You stay with your vehicle so don't end up wandering around the boat like a lost soul for a couple of hours - well worth the extra few quid. The time saved - for us - by using the tunnel is that the extra time to cross on the boat, then unload and get out of Dover will see us nearly home.

Almost as good is the fact that you save quite a few miles by boarding at Folkestone and not trailing through Dover and all round the docks, then repeating the process at the other end. The tunnel is straight off the motorway on both sides. Can't wait for our next trip - 15 days to go.... B-)

catinou - 2010-10-28 11:26 AM

We use the Norfolkline (DFDS now) from Dover to Dunkerque & back if we take the car - £20 each way but prefer the tunnel (Frequent Traveller tickets) at £39 each way.

We always use Norfolkline to go from Dover to Dunkerque, for three reasons.

1. They don't charge for a dog.

2. It's convenient to overnight in their car park at Dunkerque.

3. We rarely pay more than £30. (if you book through CC there is no length/fuel surcharges.

I got a quote for £105 return with the van, bike/trailer and 2 adults for Easter next year with Norfolk line which I didn't think was bad at all and not a 'frequent user' just a 1 off

I am waiting to book via CC on 1st November as I don't want to pay the fuel surcharge either. (Their site is under repair)

I reckon it could be less than £100 through CC with a bit of luck.

We also use the train but if we take the bike it becomes prohibitive as it works out about £250 return for an off peak journey

Mike

Archived