storing you stuff in m/h

nell

Hi everybody - I'll introduce myself soon but just want some advice first.

We have just come back from a few lovely days in our brand new eriba/hymer m/home in norfolk. We had a caravan for a year before deciding that a m/h is more suited to our lifestyle: 2 of us and our 2 labradors.

I'd welcome your tips in what do you do about storing all your stuff and doggy stuff? We've got loads of cupboards and shelves and a garage - more so than in the caravan but we haven't got it sorted yet and I'm finding it hard managing dog hair/ shoes/ coats/ dog beds/ mud/ dog hair/ etc With the caravan we'd dump everything in the car and the bootthat we didn't need in the c'van; if the dogs were wet from swimming in the river or sea we'd stick em in the boot til they dried off. Am i just moaning? I love it really!!

:-D :-D

Guest JudgeMental

just get some wet covers for the seats? the 4x4 type

If the dogs occupy one of the beds same covers for there as well. all the junk and bikes and wellies and stuff in the garage......... job done :-S

A couple of things that we carry in the van for the dogs.

A Paw Plunger. Handy bit of kit for cleaning dirty feet and legs. They come in a range of sizes.

A 12 volt shower and pump. We got ours from Maplin a couple of years ago. It plugs into the cigar lighter, you put the pump in a bucket of warm soapy water and away you go. Brilliant for all over dirt. Some self builders use these as a proper shower in their vans as it has a good performance.

We no longer throw out old towels and sheets, they are a good standby for drying the dogs if you have prolonged bad weather.

My wife made a tube from two old towels sewn length ways. hem the ends and puts some tape through. Feed the dog in from one end and tighten the head end, you can then rub the dog dry. Take the tube outside, minus dog, and turning it inside out you can shake off the mud and grass. We hang our up in the shower to dry and this keeps any smell out of the main cabin, have not found a cure for damp dog yet though!

thanks everyone you've given me some good advice that i shall certainly use next time we go away in the van.

What advice can you give me for storing all the things like coats shoes boots and all those essential bits and pieces like keys, torches etc i was thinking about those pocket things that you either hang or attach with hooks to your walls I tried to order one from a fiamma and they are out of stock

Any suggestions welcome

In the garage, I bought a car boot 'tidy'. It has several pockets for storing items and I am thinking of getting a couple more. The first one is attached by press studs and drops down if heavy items are put in. Try to avoid that type.

Archived