camos automatic skysearcher

le canichot depang

Does anyone have any opinions or advice good/bad on the camos automatic skysearcher? we are interested in getting one as they don't weigh to much, and cost half the amount of a fitted one; but with the dimensions given, are they easy to get onto the roof through a heki rooflight (the gap through it measuring 58.5cm x 40cm) we imagine they would have to be put onto the roof whilst open? as the dimensions are 46cm x 46cm x 41cm any one had any experience, Thank you

Guest JudgeMental

This is how they dealt with it at Düsseldorf show.....Much less likely to drive of and forgetaboutit I would think:-S

security would be an issue I guess :-|

Personally I would fit a dome on the roof

1040899294_camos.jpg.19678775c3c54e55b213b45357593c10.jpg

Thanks for your thoughts, we too had a multimo but decided that we'd had enough of setting it up and wanted to get an automatic dish. The big problem with the dome is the height, as we have to get on a ferry to go anywhere, we would be over height for the main deck and have to reverse on, not a problem in itself but limitations as to the sailings (as only room for one on each sailing at the front!) such is life living on a rock!.

Storage of the multimo was never a problem and we had it for over 10 years, so that would be ok under the bed. We'll have to look at the set up at a dealer to see how they go about it, not sure about the German version, too easy to be carted off if one fell asleep, on the roof we'd not forget about it as we have our move off routine, just how to get it up there in the first place!

Guest JudgeMental

OK so you have particular considerations...Have you a Heki roof window? through that I would think....Or via a collapsible ladder on to the roof :-S

now you are going to tell me you have no garage for the ladder :D

yes but no but, under fixed bed storage would be possible, but wouldn't want to have to carry a ladder, even a collapsible one. I think we'll have to actually try one out to see if it fits through; I find it hard to believe that they are sold as an alternative to a fixed dish but give no mention as to the best way to actually get it on the roof, at least with "cube type" one you know it is not designed to go on the roof of a van. Thanks any way to all replies :0)

Guest JudgeMental

Just get the dimensions of the thing from web site or call road pro. cut a cardboard box to size and see how you get on getting it througfh the skylight..I still think, like someone else said, the risk of damage and forgetingaboutit are high :-S

There are some lay flat auto dishes, and this new cube one as well, just chain it up outside...looks sturdier to me

http://www.maxview.co.uk/products/VU_QUBE_REMOTE_SATELLITE_SYSTEM.html

http://www.satellitesuperstore.com/motorhome-satellite.htm

le canichot d'epang - 2010-10-30 10:06 PM

Thanks for your thoughts, we too had a multimo but decided that we'd had enough of setting it up and wanted to get an automatic dish. The big problem with the dome is the height, as we have to get on a ferry to go anywhere, we would be over height for the main deck and have to reverse on, not a problem in itself but limitations as to the sailings (as only room for one on each sailing at the front!) such is life living on a rock!.

Storage of the multimo was never a problem and we had it for over 10 years, so that would be ok under the bed. We'll have to look at the set up at a dealer to see how they go about it, not sure about the German version, too easy to be carted off if one fell asleep, on the roof we'd not forget about it as we have our move off routine, just how to get it up there in the first place!

We have a camos dome which puts our height just over the 3m.(about 3inches) We have no problems with ferry, on the fast cat from Portsmouth to Cherburg we haVE to back on,which means you get of first!, but on the ordinary ferrys no problem. I've seen lorries coming of the ferry in St Helier, when we used to sail there.

PJay

Would recommend the camos dome works brilliantly, even down in Portugal.

Archived