Sea Sloop 5

Guest anne wallace

Guest anne wallace
I currently own a Compass Bucanneer and want to downsize to a hightop. I saw the advert for the Sloop 5 in this months mag and wanted to have a look. Unfortunately not one of the dealers in Scotland northern England or Wales have any in.( I havent tried any dealers right down south as I live in Scotland ) Why advertise a product before ensuring dealers have demonstrators in place? Anyway, has anyone seen this model , or know anything about it, or even better can tell me where I could see it? thanks in advance teddy

Hi Anne I think we spotted one at the NEC at the weekend, I can't be certain as I didn't take much interest in it, however, we did have a good poke around the pared down Timberland though - they had an ex-demo one in and they were really looking to do a good deal. It may be worth contacting them to see if they can put you in touch with a local owner so you can see what it's like.

Guest anne walace
Thanks for the replys . Ken,Don arnott was one of the dealers I phoned who said they did not have any in stock. vehicle. I will a look again , just in case they have got one in now. Anne

Guest anne wallace
I have just tried the web site and I remember now why I had to phone them. The web add. given is a personal web page of a Don Arnott.lol Can anyone help with the real web page of the dealer?

Guest anne. wallace
OOPS!!!!. please ignore my last reply. I have been typing in arnott and on closer inspection see that its actually AMOTT. I really must get these eyes tested!

Guest Derek Uzzell
High-top designs are now being built by lots of Continental European motorhome manufacturers. Adria, Concorde, Dethleffs, Knaus, La Strada, Moncayo and Trigano produce something comparable to SEA's Sloop in terms of basic price and concept, though I'm not certain of current UK availability for all of them (eg. for La Strada's Transit-based Pronto). Then, of course, there are old or new UK favourites like Auto-Sleepers, Dreamfinder, Murvi, Timberland, etc. I haven't studied the high-top market in any depth, but I've always thought the Trigano Tribute offered a particularly good marriage of sensible specification and price. Horizons Unlimited latest Ford-based Cavarno designs also look well executed, though noticeably more expensive than Tribute. As base-platforms are mostly Citroen/Fiat/Peugeot clones, it's probably going to be the interior layout that's most important. Some high-top layouts we've seen have been cleverly executed but very dubious in practice (eg. where ascending to/descending from a roof-bed requires mountaineering via the kitchen furniture), while others offer multiple berths, but only for owners with a Honours Degree in Space-Time Manipulation. Price-wise, there are a couple of things to beware of with new budget motorhomes (high-tops or otherwise): 1) how the base-price can rocket as fairly essential non-standard features are added and 2) how a seductive 'ex works' base-price can be inflated by a whopping small-print supplement for On-The-Road charges.

Archived