How do you keep silver screens attached?

Vixter

The suckers on our 'screens that came supplied by the dealer were hopeless to start with..no amount of cleaning,softening etc really helped...it's was only after using them several times,that they started to work properly..

..NOW...we struggle to release the damned things from the windscreen!? *-)

Vixter - 2010-11-06 3:48 PM

... Fit some additional suckers (yes, we will try Narbonne). Like the idea of using the eyelet kit for making the holes...

You should also be able to get eyelets ("oeillets") from Narbonne. They are shown in the Narbonne brochure (page 44) as coming in a blister-pack of 10 for €4.90 and are advertised as being suitable for the MIDLAND-branded suckers. Not sure how they are fitted - I guess they are in two parts and, after cutting a hole in the screen material, you press the two eyelet-parts together so that they connerct through the hole.

Having checked out of curiosity, I find that my 'silver screens' don't have eyelets. The 'shaft' of each sucker passes through a hole cut in the screen material, a large plastic washer is then placed on the sucker's shaft on the inwards-facing side of the material and a strong metal split-ring fed through a transverse hole in the shaft above the washer holds all the pieces together.

Vixter - 2010-11-07 6:46 PM Hi Brian Well, I didn't exactly leave - I just sort of faded into the background for a while. We bought our house in Brittany and were just too busy to use the big M/H, also had problems trying to get it French registered so we sold it. We found we didn't much like being 'sans camping-car' so we bought another one (not so big this time!) and we have started tootling around again. Not as often as we would like - still lots to do on the house renovation - but, well, we're pleased to be back asking silly questions on the forum and getting sensible answers!

Faded?  Surely not!  Nice to see you back, though.  You'll never finish that house though, now that you've got a new motorhome to play in!!  :-D

Archived