Electrolux freezer compartment door.

deerhound

The door on the freezer compartment of my electrolux fridge does not close properly and hence contacts the main door, I can see a kind of plastic ratchet at the side but can anyone tell me how to tighten up the spring to hold door in closed position or replace the springs or door? Many thanks. it is on Swift Royale Ensign 2000yr. :-S

Do you mean it just flops open, or that it is being obstructed from closing (resistance, if you try to close it manually)?  Is the fridge off, and empty?  If not, is there ice build up along the line of the freezer compartment hinge?  If so, that will be what is causing the obstruction.  Defrost completely, and see if things improve.

Had to replace ours a while back, this seller was very helpful (ordered at 1500 day one and received the componant at 1000 next day) and somewhat cheaper than most.

See

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Dometic-Electrolux-caravan-motorhome-freezer-hinge-/290306964359?pt=UK_Campervan_Caravan_Accessories&hash=item4397a4bb87

bought new 240volt and 12volt heaters from him at a good price and next day as well.

Bas

Edit for additional info

Archived