DUETTO REAR BULB REPLACEMENT

JENIAN

Has anybody had experiance replacing a bulb in any of the rear bulb clusters in a Mk 6 Transit Duetto?? I just want to be fore armed when when blows, due to lack of access because of the cupboards at either side ie fridge cupb. and washroom etc.

Thank you,

Ian

JENIAN - 2010-11-04 5:11 PM

Has anybody had experiance replacing a bulb in any of the rear bulb clusters in a Mk 6 Transit Duetto?? I just want to be fore armed when when blows, due to lack of access because of the cupboards at either side ie fridge cupb. and washroom etc.

Thank you,

Ian

No hands-on experience of Duettos I'm afraid, but Number 148 on the list provided by this link

http://www.asoc.fsnet.co.uk/Tech_Group/Ideas_sheets.htm

refers to "Duetto - Replacing bulbs in rear light cluster".

My Ford Transit Mk 6 Owner's Guide contains the following insrtructions regarding changing rear-light bulbs on a panel van:

1. Open rear doors and remove the two wing-nuts securing the light.

2. Withdraw rear-light assembly from vehicle and unclip the bulb-carrier.

3. Gently press the bulb into the bulb holder, turn anticlockwise and remove the bulb.

4. Install in the reverse order.

I'm guessing that the two wing-nuts mentioned in 1 above are accessed from inside the vehicle, otherwise the rear-light removal procedure would be obvious and simple for a Duetto. Hopefully Auto-Sleepers will have installed cupboards with 'hatches' in them through which the wing-nuts can be reached, or installed the cupboards in such a way that it doesn't require massive effort to remove/replace them. If it's just a matter of the cupboards restricting access to the wing-nuts (ie. one can see the nuts but it's hard to work out how to remove/replace them), then Number 148 on the ASOC "Ideas" list may help.

Mk7 is exactly the same as Mk6 at the back - all the differences are front end - and my Cavarno has a very similar layout to the Duetto (NS shower room, OS fridge at rear).

While it's a bit fiddly, it's perfectly possible to get at the rear lights as per the manual. AutoSleepers have been around the business for a year or two longer than Horizons (!) so I can't imagine they'll have made it impossible.

Just back after 8 weeks touring France and Germany, hence the delay in commenting.

Nearside bulbs are reached by removing the small grey plastic cover on the rear of the toilet room wall and inserting hand at an uncomfortable angle. On my MK7 it was impossible to undo one of the (two) wingnuts holding the rear light cluster in place due to AS not cutting one of the wooden battens and said batten obstructing the wingnut. This was solved by me cutting a much larger hole in the toilet room wall (later used to store the hook-up cable) so tyhat I could cut away the offending bit of wood.

Offside bulbs are reached by removing the fridge vents and reaching through to the wing nuts.

Be prepared and have a close look at your van, before you need to!

Archived