Ferry Package through Caravan Club

Mike B.

Hi all

Just booked a ferry through CC for Easter next year to take the van and the bike/trailer, Hull to Zeebrugge return and saved a whopping £176.69 on the price against booking direct through P&O.

Also included is 7 camping cheques and although I've never used them before apparently they give you 7 nights campsite FOC.

Price direct off P&O £596.59 --CC £419.81 inc 7 x camping cheques.

I know it sounds expensive against Dover but bear in mind this would be an extra £200 in Diesel for us from here at current prices plus 2 days more travelling so a bargain for us

Suggest you try the CC packages on offer at present before booking direct-think they are doing specials all over if you take camping cheques as part of the deal

Mike

I would guess the camping cheques are worth around £100 so looks like a great deal with our Eurotunnel Frequent Traveller account its £96 return just for M/H and extra with a trailer,  lets hope for goood weather because thats when we plan to go over to France ourselves again next year.

Whilst looking for crossings next Feb. I looked at Norfolkline. They wanted £28 return for M/home 2 people that a good price then I added the dog that was an extra £38. The dog stays in the motorhome takes up no space needs only the air to breath thats free anyway.

Also if you book a return from Calais to Dover - Dover to Calais its more than double with Sea France than if you book Dover Calais - Calais Dover.

Brittany ferries its more expensive to come back from Caen to Portsmouth than St Malo Portsmouth.

It really pays to shop around.

David Dwight - 2010-11-05 5:48 PM

Also if you book a return from Calais to Dover - Dover to Calais its more than double with Sea France than if you book Dover Calais - Calais Dover.

It really pays to shop around.

Not sure how this works.....we went to France this year on a single (outbound) ticket as we did not wish to fix our return. We used Norfolk Lines and paid £27 using CC website.

For our return, I booked again via CC website, booked a one way Calais to Dover on Seafrance, and paid...£27!

David Dwight - 2010-11-05 5:48 PM

...Brittany ferries its more expensive to come back from Caen to Portsmouth than St Malo Portsmouth.

The St.Malo-Portsmouth route is a lot further than the Caen-Portsmouth one so, logically, you'd expect the former to cost more. I've not done intensive research on this, but, as far as I can see from the Brittany Ferries website, it does.

Obviously, if you compare cruise ferry with fastcraft sailings, or night (with compulsory accommodation) with day sailings, or popular with less-popular days/times, there are bound to be variations. But, when it's possible to make an exact like-with-like comparison, I believe the Caen-Portsmouth crossing will be the cheaper.

David Dwight - 2010-11-05 6:48 PM

Whilst looking for crossings next Feb. I looked at Norfolkline. They wanted £28 return for M/home 2 people that a good price then I added the dog that was an extra £38. The dog stays in the motorhome takes up no space needs only the air to breath thats free anyway.

The trick is to only book UK > France with Norfolkline as the dog goes free.

Then book the France > UK trip with P&O who charge 50% of their Pet Passport fee for each leg (£15).

derek500 - 2010-11-06 10:25 AM

David Dwight - 2010-11-05 6:48 PM

The trick is to only book UK > France with Norfolkline as the dog goes free.

Then book the France > UK trip with P&O who charge 50% of their Pet Passport fee for each leg (£15).

£15 each leg? Surely that makes it £60 as against £38. I think this is giving preferential service to people from the isle of man!

Don't agree with this at all

Archived