Benidorm

jupe

As for indoor pool, wi-fi, decent bar, meals on site, closeness to town and bit better quality feel to it I would say Villasol. They do have a "no dogs" policy though and it is probably the most expensive but you get what you pay for.

I've just returned from Benidorm and the rate at Villasol for 31 nights and over was £16.25 per night. There are bigger discounts for longer stays.

There was plenty of room there and the weather was fantastic. The site is the best overall in Benidorm in my view but there are pluses and minuses for them all.

Guest JudgeMental
Mike88 - 2010-11-17 1:45 PM

I've just returned from Benidorm and the rate at Villasol for 31 nights and over was £16.25 per night. There are bigger discounts for longer stays.

There was plenty of room there and the weather was fantastic. The site is the best overall in Benidorm in my view but there are pluses and minuses for them all.

Looks good Mike, I could trundle down for a month and a bit and wife fly over for the 2 weeks at Easter....what would the weather be like in April? better then Nov/Dec I would think? cost of electric for a week roughly? as it is metered it seems :-S Also if I go to the bar for a drink on my own will there be people to chat to? *-)

Bojitoes - 2010-11-17 12:58 PM

Hi

looking to head down middle / end of January for 7/8 weeks. Thinking of including the C&CC rally at Camping Almafra in our trip. Does anyone know the campsite as I haven't heard it mentioned in despatches?

Bob

We've booked on this rally for 2 months this winter.

Stayed at Bonterra last winter and met a few who were on their way home from Almafra, they all rated it.

On the strength of that we're having a go.

Allen

Judge

From memory 34 nights electric cost 20 euros. Weather should be good in April as Benidorm seems to have an excellent climate. The rates will be higher in April as that attracts Mid Season Rates - see website here.

http://www.camping-villasol.com/

From memory the climate in April is nearly as good as in October. This year the October weather was fantastic with peak day time temperatures in the high 20's cooling off slightly towards the end of the month.

My sister returned from a week's trip on Monday from Javea just up the road from Benidorm and apparently the weather is still good there with midday temperatures around 25 although rapidly cooling off at night which is to be expected.

Guest JudgeMental
Brian Kirby - 2010-11-17 5:24 PM
JudgeMental - 2010-11-17 3:03 PM ...........Also if I go to the bar for a drink on my own will there be people to chat to? *-)

Just keep the wig and the sunglasses on and you should be OK!  XX :-D

My dear dear boy a gentleman abroad travels incognito......a pocket full of lamb skin Johnies and lots of euros being de rigueur & the only essential items.....

Judge

In the bars across the road to El Raco you would fit in easilly and have a crowd around you all wanting to talk to you at once in next to no time.

One Euro a pint

Benidorm is the cheapest place in Spain to eat out, three courses for 4.99 Euro's plus half a bottle of wine.

Try Camping Arena Blanca to see if you like it, think you might have to book though

JudgeMental - 2010-11-18 8:42 AM

Syd are you still down there? whats the weather like :-D

In Orba (about 20 miles north of Benidorm, and about 5 miles inland) this morning it's wall to wall blue sky, bright sunshine, and my terrace thermometer says it's presently 19 degrees in the shade (at 1pm our time).

Was very windy over the past couple of days, but now wind has dropped to gentle breeze. Had a short shower a couple of days ago, for an hour or so,

Temps dropping to about 12 or 13 degrees at night at the moment.....so definitely long trousers, shoes and socks and sweatshirts if out and about in the evening. You'd be putting the heater on your MH for a couple of hours in the evening I reckon, but that's all.

Basically lovely at the moment.

:-D

JudgeMental - 2010-11-18 8:42 AM

Syd are you still down there? whats the weather like :-D

Judge

No Judge I'm at home as we are having a lot of renevations done to the house, I do not think they will be finnished before Xmas but I am hoping to get out there again in February.

We have a caravan on Arena Blanca

Crime figures are starting to rise out there so everyone should be a little more careful, just outside the main gates of El Raco campsite is a bar called Coco Paradiso and apparently last night it was burgled and they took everything except their model cars and lorries.

Archived