Insurance update (nights away from van)

terryW

Just been doing the insurance quote round armed with the tips from the forum on what is not covered, frightening!

Discovered that Caravan Guard have "just" increased the limit on nights away from the vehicle to 3 nights compared to Comfort's 36 hours.

Hello,

In my experience with Comfort Insurance, gaining cover for leaving a m'home for longer than 36hrs is not that difficult, but you do have to contact them in advance.

Providing they are happy with the location that you intend to leave you m'home unattended you can be covered usually at no extra cost. However, you do have to arrange it in advance.

We left our vehicle on a campsite in Brittany earlier this year for 8 days and no extra premium was requested. OKwe had the cost of the campsite to pay but we negotiated a special rate which was very low. Overall I prefer that to having to pay the much higher insurance premium that I was quoted by Caravan Guard.

BarnacleBob

BarnacleBob - 2010-11-11 4:50 PM

Providing they are happy with the location that you intend to leave you m'home unattended you can be covered usually at no extra cost. However, you do have to arrange it in advance.

BarnacleBob

That being the case they need to train their staff more, I asked that very question today. My question was if I wanted to leave my van on a site and take a train to Madrid for two nights would I be covered: The answer I was given was NO!

Terry

Archived