Autocruise Energy Management System

Rhonda

Hi

Is there anyone out there that can help me find this part. Autocruise Energy Management system Part No 97910 Module A.

Or can help with this problem:

There is no 12 volt supply to the management panel and internal 12 volt light system in the vehicle.

If there is someone out there that can help I can send the manual of this system by email.

Rhonda

Autocruise Electrics have of late been made by Sargent Electrical Services. They provide an excellent help service to both the industry and individual customers. Suggest you ring their technical support people on 01482 678981

Take care

Clive

Clive,

Yes, as opposed to the 'Bonus Plug-in systems' in my Autocruise from whom it's like 'Pulling Teeth' to get any information (like wiring diagrams or manuals) or Spares, their website is useless, can understand why they changed to Sargent who seem much better attuned to the M/Home market. Ray :-(

Hi

Thank you all for your help. The van is an Autocruise Pioneer Darwin on a 2008 plate. The panel is situated behind the drivers seat.

This is the problem:

I will attach a pic.

We get 12 volt supply to terminals 5-3-4-6. Terminal 2 goes to control panel but has no 12 volt supply if the link is put in from any of the 12volt terminals to No. 2 system works.

Could PC board as shown on unit be at fault? Could damage be done if a link was installed from either 5-3-4-6?

Is the cable to the fuse holder for terminal 2 supposed to be disconnected, it looks like it has broken off.

(picked up the picture on swift forum)

I'll send you an IM and gove you my email address, be useful to have documents you have and pics. But, yes, there could be a fault in the unit.

autocruiseA.jpg.16069044f29093699b7e24808e87aa91.jpg

copy of email I have sent Rhonda...anyone else got any suggestions yet?!!!!

Hi again,

This is proving quite difficult to get information.

Terminal 2 is used for the main system supplies and presumably the control panel as well. It is a switched output and again I am assuming because it s 100 Amp switched out must be controlled by a relay inside the unit. However I am pondering why it is switched. And only reason can be to shut down systems if there is a low battery or possibly if vehicle is being driven. A lot of UK built vehicles switch off habitation power when engine is started or vehicle is being driven. There are both Alternator D inputs, side lights, and speed signal inputs derived from the chassis on one of the side connectors. Speed signal might be used to retract a step. Side lights - don't know, D-alternator to control split charging of batteries.

1st thing to check is if batteries are charged and sufficient voltage, both engine and leisure.

You have 12 volts on all other terminals so they are supplying OK.

So fault does seem to be in unit, but equally could be another input on one of the multi way connectors on side is faulty so worth checking them out.

I suspect the main relay for switching terminal 2 is faulty or a fault on the PCB. . How confident to you feel about removing the unit and opening it up with care. Might not be for the faint hearted.

However before doing that, also check that red component next to terminals, it looks like a wire ended choke. Check it has not got a break at either end.

Its hard to analyse and fault find remotely especially without a cct diag of what is in the box, and I am now having doubts I will find one.

Another item I noticed in manual you copied me is if a solar panel is fitted.

It needs t be connected in the correct order. Unplug solar panel, disconnect leisure battery and wait two minutes. Reconnect leisure battery THEN AFTERWARDS reconnect solar panel.

This is as far as I have got thinking this through.

Jon.

Archived