mice

eric hobson

Hi, found signs of mice in front of van. Looked back on forum for advice and set trap in glove box where evidence was. No signs for several days. Have I just had an overnight lodger or am I deluding myself and the blighter is eating my wiring in the dash as I write ? Checked van locker to locker, front to back, no other signs. Van in use ie not layed up. Last site we stayed on they were cutting back hedges and trees where we pitched. Can,t find any signs of entry inside or out, have checked under bonnet and van. Any advice appreciated as I am becoming paranoid. This is short version as I have tried to send twice and it has not worked. :-(

We had visitors of the Mouse variety a few years ago. There were quite a few threads on here at the time about how they get in, and getting rid of them.

I think that they will be getting in via the engine compartment. Once inside the little blighters find their way everywhere. We even had the plastic handles of the kitchen knives nibbled in the drawer!!

We found that a battery operated ultrasonic rodent deterrent seemed to work for us. We did leave trays of bait in the van for a time as well though.

Touch wood, we have not had problems for quite a while now. However, it is a big worry if you have them as you just don't know what they will nibble.

Archived