FIAT red key

ken nugent

I read on page 174 of this Dec MMM that FIAT no longer as of 2002 supply the red key, my 2007 FIAT Dethleffs doesnt have the red key and the article suggests that you must register the vehicle details with retainagroup.com to access the key codes, first thoughts were this sounds like a good little earner and a bit of a rip off but I logged on to their site and get the impression that this has not got a lot to do with FIAT its just some security company jumping on the band wagon, so before filling in any details I scanned right down the page to find at the end they require £20. Is this £20 for setting up the registration and then after if I need to replace the keys or obtain the code is this covered by the £20, I appreciate I would have to pay for the parts or am I then going to get taken to the cleaners to retreve this information. Can anyone clarify that this is the only route in obtaining spare or new keys. It all sounds a little iffy to me.

Regards Ken ;-)

In truth, Brain has rather been living in front of his computer since our return.  I got back with a trapped sciatic nerve, and could barely walk.  The remedy was to rest until the bit of squished (excuse technical medical terminology :-)) cartilage in my spine, that was trapping the nerve, reabsorbed, so the doc said.

So, I sat and annoyed you lot by way of fending off boredom!  Thanks Guys and Gals, and apologies if I've overstayed my welcome.  ;-)

It almost seems to have resolved now, so I can stop boring you all and get on with my life!  Well, maybe after the snow clears!  I don't want another sliding incident, which is where the trouble started!  :-(

Archived