Greenflag breakdown cover

chas

Would anyone be able to comment on Greenflag breakdown cover, I have obtained a very competitive quote from them, and wondered if their recovery plus plan was OK. I have established that my motorhome does comply with thier weight/lengh/hieght restrictions.

I have been with the AA for a good many years, but they are now seeming to be very expensive, my renewal date is a month away. Its been a few years since I called on their assistance, and that was for a car.

I've been with Green Flag for the last 10 years or so and have thankfully only needed to call them out on a few occasions.  The network is made up of 'local' garages who send out an appropriate vehicle for the occasion.  I've always found the service exceptable.

We took out Greenflag cover through the Caravan Club. It covers our campervan and our daughter's car at a good price.

Whenever either of us have used Greenflag we have found staff very helpful, efficient and prompt. Excellent service.

After a call out they send a questionairre with a pre-paid envelope for feedback.

Used them this Summer when turbo failed in car.(Was then a caravanner.) They attended promptly and when unable to repair at locus took us home - from Sandbach Services to Irvine, Ayrshire, via caravan storage to drop it off. Returned next morning to take car to dealer for repair. Very good service. Would not be without breakdown cover now.

Had Green Flag cover through the Caravan Club for many years, my understanding is they don't cover motorhomes above certain weights and size unless you cover through the CC. Called them out once after a blow out on the M20, their responce was very good and I rate them highly. However their one flaw, for us, is they do not do European cover meaning that you had to arrange a seperate cover for each trip abroad which is not cheap.

So this year we have also taken out Brittania Rescue cover at a price that is comparable as this covers Europe and also has no age limit on the vehicle, where a lot of providers don't cover after 10 or 15 years old without an extra charge or worse not at all.

Bas

I have used them twice over the years. Firstly when I bogged the van on the front lawn when we moved home (an end to a perfect day). They sent out a vehicle to tow it off. Secondly when I had a trailer wheel bearing break up when towing my motorbike to a race meeting. They recovered the trailer (with the bike) and took it home. On both occasions the service was prompt and friendly and I have no complaints.

We have Green Flag called them out when someone (me) managed to lock us out of our Rapido due to the central locking system not being deactivated by the conversion door. They came very quickly and gained access to our motorhome alarmingly quickly even if in doing so they set the alarm off. Mechanic warned us to be careful when we change to the new Fiat chassis which we are about to do because the locks are shielded! Had to call them out twice more with what turned out to be a very obscure electrical problem. Jump started us but warned us not to turn the engine off until we got home as they had not found and cured the fault. Very efficient and very prompt service. Hope never to see them again obviously but have no hesitation in recommending them.

Their multi vehicle policy is very good value so have the car covered by them as well.

I do believe it is correct that they will only recover motor homes if joined through the caravan club but you could always ring them to check. Do bare in mind that many recovery services are happy to take your money but despite taking the details of your vehicle fail to mention that they will not recover vehicles over 6M long.

Thanks for the replies, have phoned them and was told the size limitations which did not infringe on my van although I belive 7 mtrs was mentioned for max lengh. No mention of only accepting my business through the CC club. Would check all this again though with them before paying. Cheers

Archived