cooker lid catch

vansearcher

The rubber catch which holds down the lid of my cooker (Spinflo Caprice 2020) has given up after many miles of fighting against Slovakian roads.

Suppliers don't have spares for this seven year old cooker any more as more modern ones have dampened hinges.

Does anyone have one?

One million pounds available, well, mabe less

Hi Brambles

Yes it may be. I also have looked at the parts diagram and it is not mentioned.

I'm surprised that two bump stops would have been acceptable when associated with undampened hinges. It does not take much of a road bump to jump the lid off it's bump stops.

My cooker has a bump stop on the right side and this rubber catch on the left. The rubber catch does serve as an acceptable bump stop in it's present state but the lid clatters up and down at the least provocation

Robert

It may be something the Motorhome builder changed and so might be available from them, but 20 years on I doubt it.

What make model m'home have you and I an maybe do a search fro interior pics and catch a glimse of what ot looks like. Or, maybe you could post a pic.

Brambles - 2010-11-24 10:48 PM

It may be something the Motorhome builder changed and so might be available from them, but 20 years on I doubt it.

What make model m'home have you and I an maybe do a search fro interior pics and catch a glimse of what ot looks like. Or, maybe you could post a pic.

Think he said van was seven years old

chas - 2010-11-25 8:26 AM

Whats wrong with a folded tea towel, it works for me. :-D

I await the cheque in the post.

Nothing wrong if it works, but one more thing to move around when you cook and remember to put back when cooker is cold.

The guy wants to replace the rubber catch and I am doing my best to find as must exist somewhere.

Hi Jonathan.

The tea towel might help to quieten the clatter as the lid bounces up and down on it's bump stops. It only happens on bumpy roads and over sleeping policemen.

I would like to stop the bouncing altogether if I could get hold of another catch.

My M/H is a 7 year old Autosleeper Nuevo on a Peugeot Boxer chassis.

The cooker is a Spinflo Country Leisure; Model is Caprice 2020

Robert

vansearcher - 2010-12-01 1:27 AM

Thanks to all who helped.

This was indeed an item that Autosleepers added to the cooker and they have replacements in stock at 50p each. Minimum order £5.

Anybody need cooker lid catches?

Robert

Stick-em on ebay individuall, some people will buy them!

Archived