Kindle keyboard

Don Madge

We are enjoying the kindle but for me there is a big downside.

My hands are not very nimble and coupled with arthritis I have problems using the key board especially the five way controller. :(

At present I'm using the blunt end of a pencil with a eraser on it. I also have to use it on my mobile phone/calculator/Barclays pin sentry card

I even have a major problem controlling the mouse using my index finger. :( :(

There must be other people with the same problem, so what do you use to tap out these small keys?

Regards

Don

From a very cold snowy East Yorkshire

Guest JudgeMental

a lot more expensive at $379 approx £240? and will be closer to the dollar price I bet then the exchanged rate*-)

must admit bigger format appeals, but probably less practical for general non motorhome travel.......

I bought a kindle a couple of weeks ago and sadly I have had nothing but trouble. It started by randomly going to any page it liked in the book I was reading - most annoying. They gave me a fix but it didn't work, then they gave me a software update which solved the problem. However, I was reading a book the other evening and it now has a lot of highlighted text in it ! Final straw opened it up this morning, wouldn't even turn on - not a battery issue. Kindle had given me reset instructions so tried that and yes it did kick in to life. Kind of losing faith with it now.

On the subject of keyboard, you are right the keys are very small, I find the lid of a normal bic biro pretty good to use, the non pointy bit.

:'(

RogerGW - 2010-11-26 3:46 AM

I use my thumbnail, Don.

Roger

Roger,

I use my thumb to change pages. My hands aren't flexible enough to do much else with the keyboard.

For me the pencil eraser works best. I did try the end of a Biro but I found it slipped at times.

Don

Don Madge - 2010-11-26 9:38 AM

I use my thumb to change pages. My hands aren't flexible enough to do much else with the keyboard.

What a shame. My mother's got arthritic hands, too, and she curses them in a most unladylike way.

BTW, when I said 'thumbnail', I should have made clear I meant the top edge of it.

Roger

t5tripper - 2010-11-26 9:22 AM

I bought a kindle a couple of weeks ago and sadly I have had nothing but trouble. It started by randomly going to any page it liked in the book I was reading - most annoying. They gave me a fix but it didn't work, then they gave me a software update which solved the problem. However, I was reading a book the other evening and it now has a lot of highlighted text in it ! Final straw opened it up this morning, wouldn't even turn on - not a battery issue. Kindle had given me reset instructions so tried that and yes it did kick in to life. Kind of losing faith with it now.

On the subject of keyboard, you are right the keys are very small, I find the lid of a normal bic biro pretty good to use, the non pointy bit.

:'(

Did you take out the Insurance package ? Under the warranty you can get the whole thing replaced if it is deemed faulty

Hi guys

sorry haven't been back at the forum, been away from the computer.

Absoluately no problem changing the kindle, new one arrived yesterday, having had several more problems with it. They said it was most odd and not usual and they offered me a new one without any quibbing. I have to say I have never had any problems with returning goods to Amazon.

Archived