Mondial Information

triumph

Hi..we're interested in the Mondial RL Motorhome and just wondered if anyone had any information regarding this model and if the compressor fridge flattens the battery. Any information regarding pros and cons on this model would be much appreciated as we're looking to purchase the mondial next year..

Thankyou

we liked the RL but not the compressor fridge .we bought the GT last year .our friends bought the RL and fitted second leisure battery and solar panel to run the fridge .

have you tried googling your question there are a lot of posts out there about the van .

much prefer compressor fridge - imo not that noisy, much more practical and efficient - only takes small charge from battery,

would always choose one over standard 3-way fridge

apart from anything else you don't have to have a hole in the side of the van with a crappy plastic cover on it

we move on every couple of days - occasionally use hook-up never had a problem with charging the fridge

I have a 2010 Mondial RL. Its brilliant apart from the rattles when on the move.

Because I use Aires a lot in France I have a 95watt solar panel fitted and a second 110amp/hr leisure battery fitted under the driver's seat. That was done at below trade price as part of the deal as well as securing a good discount off the retail price at the NEC show.

I'm not a great fan of the compressor fridge and is excessively noisy. I've spent over 100 nights away in the van since April and am now getting used to it. I've not experienced any battery problems and I also run the TV on 12 volts.

One of the best things about the van is its comfort. The rear lounging/sleeping area is incredibly comfortable and the beds are suitable for over 6 footers like me.

You could seek further views from the Swift-Talk website which is developing into a useful source of information about Swift products. Link here:

http://www.swift-talk.co.uk/

If you want any further information PM me.

We have just bought this van and apart from a problem with the heating (which we think we have solved) we love this van. We took quite a long time to decide which model to buy and came to the conclusion that this was the best one for us. We wanted to keep it to 6 meters or less and wanted a large bed. Once we started looking we discovered that there were so many other things to consider it took us the best part of a year to settle on this model. We have no regrets. As has been pointed out it is comfortable and well laid out, enough storage space for two, and enough room to spread out and relax. We also have a small dog and there is enough room for him too!

We have noticed that the fridge can be noisy but to be honest it doesn't worry us and it never crossed our minds that it could run the battery down. Ask us again in a year when we have been out in it more. Most sites we wil be going to will not have electric hook up so we will be relying on the battery for the fridge.

The rattles are noticeable if you're not use to them but you can stop the vast majority of them quite easily. The worst offenders seem to be the cooker, (which I dont think you can do anything about), the bathroom cabinet which can be easily cured and the lift up work surface by the door. This has two hinges on it but as it is an emergency escape route, the makers will only put one spring on it so the other hinge is not held down and rattles like hell!! Nothing to stop you putting another spring on it though and curing the rattle!!

For someone who has never driven anything this big before I was a little aprehensive about it but I have to say it is very easy to drive and has very comfortable (and ajustable) driving position. We have a Peugeot 307 which we hate and were a little concerned about another Peugeot. The only thing I would say is that I miss the mirror in the middle and intend to put one in. Call it habit but I'm use to a mirror there. No idea how much more I will be able to see. For me, crusing along at 60mph was very comfortable.

We couldn't be more pleased with the decision we made in choosing this van and cant wait to get out in it again in the New Year! I hope this helps.

Amanda. You should have had a rear view mirror. It hooks over the metal bonded to the windscreen.

I had one with mine but had to ask the dealer for it presumably as they are removed prior to collection to prevent theft as they are easily removed .

The mirror does get in the way of the front blinds so I close them as far as possible and hook an elastic band around the handles.

The dealer said that the van was not supplied with a mirror and you are probably right Colin, I will get used to not having one and using the side mirrors. By the end of next year I'll have cracked it (lol) (lol) (lol)

Never thought about it interferring with the front blinds. Ummmm have to rethink that one. Thanks for the tip

Amanda

Is your dealer correct?

A Mondial is a panel van conversion. It is provided to Swift in van form for them to convert. Fiat fit a steel receptacle bonded to the windscreen for a rear view mirror. It is therefore surprising that Fiat would supply panel vans to Swift without a rear view mirror.

If I were you I would ask Swift if the Mondial is provided with a rear view mirror. You can do so on this forum here:

http://www.swift-talk.co.uk/

You get good see through vision so this is a matter worth following up.

colin - 2010-12-02 8:49 PM

Mike88 - 2010-12-02 8:37 PM

She asked the question of Swift and was told that the rear view mirror was not supplied but Swift could not explain why mine had one.

You stated dealer fitted so proboly nothing to do with Swift.

Yep. That's the answer. I asked the dealer where the mirror was and he produced one. It does seem ridiculous though that a panel van with see through vision does not have a rear view mirror fitted as standard.

Those thinking of buying a Mondial or Autocruise should ask the dealer to provide a mirror as a condition of sale.

Archived