Garmin Nuvi 465TF

scramblers

scramblers - 2010-11-25 7:28 PM

I am thinking of changing my SatNav. After some investigation I have found some that accept a vehicles’ height, width, length, weight and then plots a suitable route. The one that takes my fancy is the Garmin Nuvi 465T or 465TF.

Has anyone had experience of this model?

HI scramblers do you know how much this model costs as we are looking for the same sort of thing for our motorhome thanks skys :-D

Guest JudgeMental

its new so a bit of an unknown......the trucking info is mainly for UK and bits of Europe so how useful for European motorhome tours would need to be investigated

I am waiting fro my free replacement of my little bit faulty 770 with a shiny new 775T with blue tooth etc...garmin are brilliant

I'd have a talk to Garmin technical about how far the truck type information extends outside UK.  It appears it only relates to UK at present, but the website is a bit ambiguous as to what the implication is.  For about £80, you can get a lifetime maps updates subscription, that entitles you to up to 4 map updates annually for as long as the Nuvi lasts.  I think this makes sense, and it might make even more sense if the updates will include enhanced truck information as this is plotted. 

I would also ask them how the machine uses the information.  What I have been told previously is that the mapping holds no actual road width information, only information on legal restrictions, so that although the unit should not send you down roads where a vehicle of the width, length, height or weight you enter would encounter an actual restriction, it would still be likely to send you down a narrow road where there is no actual restriction. 

However, this field is continually changing, so I'd be interested to hear what they say, if you'd care to report back.

Archived