Easylifter Hydra Trail

Mike88

bob b - 2011-02-25 8:00 PM
rupert123 - 2011-02-25 4:25 PM For anyone interested an update on the Hydra Trail. I have been thinking about one of these for a long time as we wish to carry a 250cc scooter and with our current setup this is impossible. I spoke to them yesterday at the NEC and had a look at the latest model. It now looks a very well engineered product and various modifications have been made, the latest version is now on their website. If anything it is probaby over engineered, all components are now pretty substancial. The obvious changes are, now comes with two wheels, platform is one piece, extra fixing points for additional straps if required including some extentions so you can fit handle bar straps. The jack now has an adjustable arm so extra lift can be obtained if required. I reckon I will buy one now, my only reservation is the amount of swing behind the rear wheels which even with my current rack I have to be very carefull with. The extra length of the Hydratrail, it adds 1.2 to van length, will add just over half a mtr. to my total length, all behind the rear wheels.

You always said 'if you want to tow, get a caravan'. Still, you're slowly coming round.

No I am not, the Hydra Trail is certainly not a trailor with all their problems.

Archived