It never snows in New Milton

Clive

Guest JudgeMental

here is sarth lonon I have never seen anything like it!

just dug the car out and thought better of using it..... will wait till the weekend :-S

I have whisky and champagne and bread/food in the freezer.....

Been in Swindon all week very strange driving home, more snow the further I went into the South East.

Only live 200yds from the beach frosts are even rare here.

Wife & daughters car's still in the drive, I think they expect me to did em out, fat chance (lol):

4:20pm & minus 7 outside.

JudgeMental - 2010-12-03 2:56 PM here is sarth lonon I have never seen anything like it! just dug the car out and thought better of using it..... will wait till the weekend :-S I have whisky and champagne and bread/food in the freezer.....

Then take the whisky and the champers out of the freezer PDQ.  Bottles liable to shatter, and you'll ruin the nose on the whisky, what!  :-)  Oh yes, and sarf is spelt sarf, not sarth.  How effete!  :-D

Spent the last week pet sitting just outside New Milton. Woke up Thursday morning to 6" of snow 8-)

Had to clear behind the automatic gates so they would open for the returning owner's Merc 12 tonne RS Motorhome. One of the rear axles steers but the other axles wheels were spinning. He tried clearing the stuff under them once but they still spun. I got out my flimsy yellow plastic grip strips which are useless on soft ground and they did the job.

One of them ended up under the middle of the monster and I wasn't crawling under there to get it! Will pick it up when I go back next year when the BSB racing starts.

It was freezing the whole week I was there. Went out walking the dogs dressed up like Nanouk of the north. One expects that sort of weather oop north but not on the Hampshire Riviera.

Easy drive back home once I got my MH out of their lane.

Old Girl!!

Cheek of it, she's only just over 4 and the heating is running inside her. The roof insulation must be brilliant cos the only time any snow melted was when the sun came out, then it ran down the front of the van until it found that bit in the shade and you can see the results. I thought it was quite impressive. Nearly came a cropper earlier when I went to get in and stood on the ally step, I went sidewards rather quickly.

Happy Christmas folks

C.

Clive, where did you get the idea that it doesn't snow in France. We live about 250 miles due south of Paris and have about 15 cm (say 6" in old money) in our garden. I have had to get two new tyres fitted to the M/home and took the relevant wheels in the trailer to the nearest (reasonable) tyre shop and then spent Friday afternoon swapping the wheels around so the new tyres were on the back. I was pleased that it was sunny, but it was still cold at -4 deg.

J

Clive - 2010-12-03 9:16 PM

Old Girl!!

Cheek of it, she's only just over 4 and the heating is running inside her. The roof insulation must be brilliant cos the only time any snow melted was when the sun came out, then it ran down the front of the van until it found that bit in the shade and you can see the results. I thought it was quite impressive. Nearly came a cropper earlier when I went to get in and stood on the ally step, I went sidewards rather quickly.

Happy Christmas folks

Old girl was purely a term of endearment Old boy

Cheers

Dawki

C.

eljay - 2010-12-04 10:29 PM

Clive, where did you get the idea that it doesn't snow in France. We live about 250 miles due south of Paris and have about 15 cm (say 6" in old money) in our garden. I have had to get two new tyres fitted to the M/home and took the relevant wheels in the trailer to the nearest (reasonable) tyre shop and then spent Friday afternoon swapping the wheels around so the new tyres were on the back. I was pleased that it was sunny, but it was still cold at -4 deg.

J

We are about 500 miles south of Calais in the South Charente and we have had snow this week about 1". It is going now as it is raining but warmer, 7 deg at the moment.

Toungue in cheek , yes I know but I NEVER do things like that!!!

France in the snow, I have photo,s I took with some mates with other 4X4,s in the Beaujolais Hills in November a few years back just before we rushed back with a few bottles of plonk from George duBeouf. Also remember with the MH going into a long tunnel leaving sunshine and emerging the other end in snowland. But generally its closer to the equator so has a better chance of being warm more often. I love the country and most of the people. We could learn a lot from them. Always found the French will bend over backwards to help when we have had problems. My language skills are krap but I do try, the Mrs is fluent. But I izz a brit and ohm izz ear. N.M is prety close to France though and we shall be in the Gulf de Morbihan for the boats next year with the camper.

Snow now gone but its still a tad chilly.

Feel like a kip, didn,t get back home last night until 0245 this morning having taken mother-in-law to see the Clasical Spectacular at the NIA in Brummieham.

C.

Archived