Camping Torremolinos ~ Help Required

bounty hunter

Hi, In Spain on our first winter abroad and have arranged to meet sister and friends over Xmas & New Year at Benalmadena. My question is has any one stayed at Camping Torremolinos which is the nearest site I can find to Benalmadena. We have been wild camping, currently in Toledo sitting in the van in t shirt with sun streaming in the window, but don't want to go wild for a month in the same spot as we have no experience of Benalmadena.

Only have internet for today, next time will be Sunday.

Thanks in advance.

John

Guest Peter James

Sorry I don't know the campsite you mention. But there is a large open tarmac area alongside a fabulous park called Paloma Park in Benalmadena where lots of British motorhomes were parked last winter. Its only about 200 metres from the seafront close to this roundabout pictured;

I wish I was there now, weather well below freezing here.

Parking was free, quiet and safe, and there was a coin op laundrette at the filling station bordering the other side of the park.

Benalmadena.jpg.3db93cd935ee4f07a591757d15be9f03.jpg

Thanks for replies.

Peter ~ Sister and friends are in timeshare at Sunset and we have been told we can stay behind them in a car park facing beach but don't know if we would have access to toilet emptying and water. Are facilities available at your suggestion?

Bob ~ Second night in Toledo wild camping in a huge car park on our own. Ciscus setting up on other side and opens tomorrow. We came in on the 403 and as you drop down if you look over to your right you will see a large white bridge over the river which if you take first left at roundabout you will cross over, take 3rd exit roundabout into car park.

Co-ordinates Long-04 02 45 Lat- 39 52 19 We have had no problems at all.

Derek ~ Thanks just what we wanted to know.

John

I haven't stayed on Camping Torremolinos only just driven by.

A friend has been to the site with a view to stopping for a couple of weeks but didn't stay. His view was that it was noisy, scruffy, units are packed in and largely populated by hard up ex-pats.

His report may be off the mark but he isn't usually too fussy. Problem is there isn't much to choose from down there, unlike the Costa Blanca.

Guest Peter James
bounty hunter - 2010-12-03 7:12 PM

Thanks for replies.

Peter ~ Sister and friends are in timeshare at Sunset and we have been told we can stay behind them in a car park facing beach but don't know if we would have access to toilet emptying and water. Are facilities available at your suggestion?

Sorry I don't know about water and toilets because I went out during the day for that. Its just a large tarmac parking area next to the fabulous and free Paloma Public Park that about 20 motorhomes (including about 5 British) were using when I was there early this year.

The nearest street is 'Avenue De Rocio Jurado' and the google maps co ordinates are 36.593514,-4.532636

The problem of staying behind Sunset Beach apartments is ithe local police will move you on. Since they upgraded that area they seem quicker to move you on. The area near Paloma Park seems a better bet, never stayed there as we have lived nearby. The ones I spoke to said the police just drive past and as long as you dont put washing out and tables you should be ok.

We have had friends stay at the Torremolinos site but as said earlier it is noisy and busy.

There is another site on the road from Fuengirolla to Mijas but don't have any details.

If your friends are in Sunset beach you could spend the days down there and overnight near the park.

Sooty

Archived