Vodafone Dongle Update

lennyhb

Vodafone have now stopped PAYG Dongle users from using their SMTP mail servers.

Vodafone say the service is available to existing users but not available to new users.

I found with my dongle which I've had for nearly 2 years would not send mail using either of their SMTP servers, so another functionality lost.

My internet provider is Virgin and i tried a test Yahoo mail to Virgin mail but it didnt go to my Virgin inbox. This was using my old Vodafone K3565 dongle on PAYG.

I then tried the same dongle and sent myself an e-mail from Yahoo to Yahoo with no problems.

Vic

vicwo - 2010-12-05 9:58 PM

My internet provider is Virgin and i tried a test Yahoo mail to Virgin mail but it didnt go to my Virgin inbox. This was using my old Vodafone K3565 dongle on PAYG.

I then tried the same dongle and sent myself an e-mail from Yahoo to Yahoo with no problems.

Vic

That's not relevant as Yahoo is webmail we are talking about email client's.

lennyhb - 2010-12-04 11:02 PM Vodafone have now stopped PAYG Dongle users from using their SMTP mail servers.

Did it ever work Lenny?  I've never been able to use this facility on my pay-as-you-go dongle and, rightly or wrongly, had assumed it was only for contract users.

Way2Go - 2010-12-06 6:41 AM
lennyhb - 2010-12-04 11:02 PM Vodafone have now stopped PAYG Dongle users from using their SMTP mail servers.

Did it ever work Lenny?  I've never been able to use this facility on my pay-as-you-go dongle and, rightly or wrongly, had assumed it was only for contract users.

Same here; webmail is fine, as is POP3 receive, but SMTP send has never worked (despite making various parameter setttings that people recommended for a resolution).

Way2Go - 2010-12-06 6:41 AM

Yep always worked 100% until last week. I was using the Vodafone server "send.vodafone.net".

Archived