mobile phones abroad

cyclops2

I suppose it depends on how many calls you make whilst abroad. In Europe you save around 10p a minute but that is without taking into account the cost of the special sim card. We tend to use texting where possible to let people know where we are but we still use the phone to speak to people now and then. After recently spending 7 weeks in France my mobile phone bill would not suggest I would ahave saved anything by using that company. Had I made lots of calls it might be slightly differnt. If people are really concerned about the cost of calls in Europe usually local public phone cards offer the best value.

David

I use my PAYG O2 when I am overseas (even used it in Australia). I only use it to let my daughter know when we have had a travelling day that we have arrived safely. Sometimes just text but have used it to make calls with no problems and no real noticeable expense.

With the reduced charges now I don't find it a problem, when we went to Ireland this year I paid £10 so I could receive calls for free for a month & make calls at a reduced rate. Didn't find it saved me anything so when we went to France for 3 weeks didn't bother & it didn't cost me any more. Like others I make use of Skype when available.

Guest JudgeMental

On T mobile you get one booster a month free or £5 for additional ones.

the Inclusive Flexible Euro Talk and Text Booster

Make up to 17 minutes of calls, receive up to 39 minutes of calls or send up to 68 texts.

thats would do me I think along with my BBM messagaing.....

Archived